Sore Throat & Diarrhea Virus

Nonsensical and off topic posts have been removed. This is the Health forum, not Pub.

There are a variety of GI viruses in Thailand.  In addition some respiratory viruses may be accompanied by diarrhea.

More information (how long ill? Fever? etc) would be needed to comment further.

• Thanks 1

sometimes a sore throat is a sign of dehydration, sometime like L.lace it is something else.  I just read that a horrible cough is going around in the US that many folks can't get rid of.  Local pharmas gladly give you some drugs after explaining about the sore throat.  Many "home" remedies too...real (not fake) honey, black pepper and sugar melt in your mouth and swallow slowly as it coats the throat....just go see a doctor though if it doesn't go away...maybe need tonsils removed.

If it persists and that severe you should see a doctor. Could be caused by so many different issues. Might have to also use a stool sample for diagnosis.  And other lab testing. 
Very important to keep yourself hydrated in your condition. 

There are some good herbal lozenges available at pharmacies here for soothing the throat.

Carbon pills can be useful for absorbing bacteria in the gut.  There are different brands, CA-R-BON is one of them.  I recommend capsules over pills.  The pills are very dry in the mouth.

3 hours ago, Presnock said:

sometimes a sore throat is a sign of dehydration, sometime like L.lace it is something else.  I just read that a horrible cough is going around in the US that many folks can't get rid of.  Local pharmas gladly give you some drugs after explaining about the sore throat.  Many "home" remedies too...real (not fake) honey, black pepper and sugar melt in your mouth and swallow slowly as it coats the throat....just go see a doctor though if it doesn't go away...maybe need tonsils removed.

It could be even life threatening, isn't it?🙏

10 minutes ago, Polaky said:

For a sore throat I generally get some Amoksiklav (Amoxicillin) 1000mg tablets from any pharmacy in bkk, 1 or 2 days and completely fine.

depends if it is caused by bacteria or virus.  That is why a dr's visit is best - they take a swab a shortly there after they will know the cause and thus the proper medicine.  Using antibiotics for virus is futile and could lessen the effects of the antibiotics in the future as we are in such a period today.

• Agree 2