long term parking options for Don Mueang AP (1 month)

About parking options and costs for 1 month accessible 24/7.  Sorry, I have written to various parking options shown on G maps but no reply so far.  I plan to drive down from Isaan during the night to catch an early morning flight to Surat Thani and so will want to park at 0500 or so in the morning.  Best options please and thank you for any comments.🙏🏼

Thank you for the link Crossy.  Is it 250 B a day minimum whatever parking area used?  Are there any off site park and transfer to AP services available? Any of the parking offered recommended please?

Fly down option is more costly (4600 vs 2000) and is much longer (6++ hours connecting vs 1.5 hrs from DMK to Surat direct).  Fly down arrives in the late afternoon in Surat with ferry ride ahead = very late arrival in KP.  Drive+fly arrives Surat in the morning = normal ferry connection and afternoon arrival in KP. If I leave home at midnight (or later) I should easily be at the AP for a 0700 flight having driven 300 km on empty(ish) roads.  I would have had to drive/taxi about 100km to get to any local AP anyway as we are pretty far from any of these facilities.  Thanks again for comments.🙏🏼

8 minutes ago, notrub said:

Fly down option is more costly (4600 vs 2000) and is much longer (6++ hours connecting vs 1.5 hrs from DMK to Surat direct). 

And driving from Isaan to BKK is instant and fuel is free?

If you are sure it's for a month and not just a couple of weeks you could rent an apartment with secure parking and security for a month. That way you get parking plus use of a room should you need it.

I once flew to the UK for a month and paid 3500 to rent a room at PA Tower behind Don Muang. Used the room with my wife for 3 nights before departure and another 3 on return ( wife checked in the night before and waited for me there ). Nice roof top swimming pool with off road parking on the 2nd floor out of the elements and a security guard. Lots to eat in the area with a Tesco just down the road

https://www.facebook.com/apartmentthailand/posts/114549103292130/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, notrub said:

Thank you for the link Crossy.  Is it 250 B a day minimum whatever parking area used?  Are there any off site park and transfer to AP services available? Any of the parking offered recommended please?

Sadly, I know not, we live fairly close to DMK so I never park there.

Thanks Ben and Denim.  I have done the drive/hotel/fly option during covid and it is ok but not needing the room for more than a night makes the whole process of arrive, check in and out almost as bad as the connecting flight process.  For this domestic travel I am going to try driving down.

My car is a Toyota hybrid and I use 6L/100km so 300km is 3L x 6 @35B = 630 THB minus 3Lx1 @ 35B = 105 THB. so 630 minus 105 is 525 fuel cost difference.  I know this is silly and does not reflect the true cost of driving but you did ask.  555

Thanks very much for your interest 🙏🏼

9 hours ago, notrub said:

I would have had to drive/taxi about 100km to get to any local AP anyway as we are pretty far from any of these facilities. 

The OP is in that bit of Isaan that's close and yet too far for economical air travel.

In my opinion, with @Denim's excellent AP Tower 1-month room rental with the 'free' parking option, any discussion of the cost of DMK on-site parking or domestic air travel cost and/or inconvenience is a moot point. The OP dismissively says "but not needing the room for more than a night makes the whole process of arrive, check in and out almost as bad as the connecting flight process". Why this fixation on the unwanted room and the blind desire to self-drive and park off-airport? The OP appears to be fixated on the notion that there's cheap and secure off-airport car parking near Bangkok's older airport. We're not in Kansas here. It does not exist.

@Denim isn't saying the OP needs a room either, @Denim didn't need the room himself for a month either. He's offering a very cost-effective way of providing 1-month of comparatively cheap and secure car parking. It's only around 115 baht/day. The "inconvenience" the OP is stressing about here is addressed by leaving home maybe 1-hour earlier, using Google maps to navigate to the lodging, park up, check-in and then book a GRAB ride to the airport. That, in my mind, is infinitely more practical.

Good luck anyway and have a safe trip however you manage it.

20 hours ago, notrub said:

Thanks Ben and Denim.  I have done the drive/hotel/fly option during covid and it is ok but not needing the room for more than a night makes the whole process of arrive, check in and out almost as bad as the connecting flight process.  For this domestic travel I am going to try driving down.

My car is a Toyota hybrid and I use 6L/100km so 300km is 3L x 6 @35B = 630 THB minus 3Lx1 @ 35B = 105 THB. so 630 minus 105 is 525 fuel cost difference.  I know this is silly and does not reflect the true cost of driving but you did ask.  555

Thanks very much for your interest 🙏🏼

Another Cheap Charlie, working his vehicle fuel consumption out to the inch. 555

Thanks NanLaew, for an expanded review of Denim's suggestion.  I have found the reference on a FB post from 2019 reference, thank you Denim, the price has changed a bit but what a great idea.  I have searched  https://www.airbnb.com/ and there are many options within minutes of the AP from 11,000 baht for 30 days (parking, pool, and all usual amenities included). That gives more options to consider as AP parking is 7500 in the garage.  I know that there are issues with airbnb regards housing shortages in the west but feel ok about it here in Thailand.  Not same problems. Thanks a lot for these ideas.🙏🏼🙂

9 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Another Cheap Charlie, working his vehicle fuel consumption out to the inch. 555

Hey Toby!  I am old enough to remember the days of 427 Chevys and  big Dodge Hemies offering 5 or 6 miles to the gallon so watching the needle stick on 'F' km after km gives me much pleasure.  6L / 100 is at speed(ish) btw. 4 or 5 / could be had with eco set and a light foot.555 yourself🙂🙏🏼