Thai Consulates Hanoi And Manilla

Hi everybody,

Is there anybody of you guys who already has been to the Thai consulate in Hanoi or Manilla ?

If YES, can you tell me what your experience was over there please ?

I have to go for a tourist visa, but have to make a choice because i want to see both places for a couple of days....

Only want to know if it's ok ? (the consulate...)

Thanks in advance !

Robin

Dear Loxley, good decision. It is best not to confuse an embassy with a consul. For a tourist visa, any Thai mission abroad should suffice. I was razed at the embassy in Phnom Penh by the guy in glasses. After giving me a suntan, I got my tourist visa. Manila hates everyone. As posted earlier, have everything, including a ticket out. Yangon issued me a non B with minimal paperwork. That was 2 years ago. The best places to get a visa: go off the peasant trail. Currently: Hanoi, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Columbo, Kathmandu, Jakarta, and maybe Ho Chi Minh.

Avoid Manila at all costs! I wonder if anyone has ever been issued a visa in Manila. I still have to hear of one. Hanoi, KL, Singapore, OK. Ventianne 50-50.

I work with a chap who actually got a Tourist Visa there a couple of years back. Took several WEEKS as they kept coming up with increasingly bizarre requirements. Since he was working in MNL he was in no hurry so simply complied with each requirement.

He reckons they finally gave him the visa to get rid of him :o

In a word, avoid!

Dear Loxley, good decision. It is best not to confuse an embassy with a consul. For a tourist visa, any Thai mission abroad should suffice. I was razed at the embassy in Phnom Penh by the guy in glasses. After giving me a suntan, I got my tourist visa. Manila hates everyone. As posted earlier, have everything, including a ticket out. Yangon issued me a non B with minimal paperwork. That was 2 years ago. The best places to get a visa: go off the peasant trail. Currently: Hanoi, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Columbo, Kathmandu, Jakarta, and maybe Ho Chi Minh.

Hi everybody,

Yesterday i already wrote and sent a "quick answer", but i can not find it back on the page.... Maybe something to do with "Amazing Thailand " ?

Anyway, i try to resume again : as i noticed that in Hanoi is a Thai embassy and not a consulate, i was wondering if the procedure in an embassy goes as quick as in a consulate ( 2 days....) ? In my case it's just for a Tourist visa..

Thanks in advance for any answer....

Robin

BTW, next year, 1st of May, i become 50 years, and then i can go for a retirement visa i guess....

An Embassy deals with government to government issues - the Consulate takes care of visa/travel/citizen issues. There is normally a Consulate co-located in an Embassy - but, like the US in Bangkok, it can be in another building. Most Royal Thai Consulates seem to operate on next day service regardless of where located.

An Embassy deals with government to government issues - the Consulate takes care of visa/travel/citizen issues. There is normally a Consulate co-located in an Embassy - but, like the US in Bangkok, it can be in another building. Most Royal Thai Consulates seem to operate on next day service regardless of where located.

Thanks for your helpfull information Lopburi3 !

Robin

Avoid Manila at all costs! I wonder if anyone has ever been issued a visa in Manila. I still have to hear of one. Hanoi, KL, Singapore, OK. Ventianne 50-50.

Well I got one last October.No questions asked because have the proper documents presented. But would not suggest as they are really very strict there and not accomodating.

BM

Well I got one last October.No questions asked because have the proper documents presented. But would not suggest as they are really very strict there and not accomodating.

BM

Out of interest:-

What is your nationality?

What type of visa were you issued?

How long did it take?

A brief list of the documentary requirements.

I'm in MNL quite a lot, 'twould be a useful place to get visas but last time I asked they had a huge list of requirements (I use non-o marriage BTW).