Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Cancer diagnosis?

proton

Why does the forum posting options only come up with smoking, drink and I am too fat?

Anyway, MIL 75 diagnosed with stage 3 liver cancer at one Bkk public hospital, sent to another one near Vic Monument. They say it's only a 'spot' and will operate next week, when daughter asked if it can wait until after her wedding 2 weeks later they say no. Today they cancelled it saying a 6-7 hour operation is not worth it and are putting her on chemo. Something does not seem right, I thought they give chemo first to shrink a tumour before operating, why do it for a 'spot' If it was up to me I would get another opinion but they seem to believe all Drs here know what they are talking about, can you ask for the scans X rays etc to take to another hospital? 

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Why does the forum posting options only come up with smoking, drink and I am too fat?

Anyway, MIL 75 diagnosed with stage 3 liver cancer at one Bkk public hospital, sent to another one near Vic Monument. They say it's only a 'spot' and will operate next week, when daughter asked if it can wait until after her wedding 2 weeks later they say no. Today they cancelled it saying a 6-7 hour operation is not worth it and are putting her on chemo. Something does not seem right, I thought they give chemo first to shrink a tumour before operating, why do it for a 'spot' If it was up to me I would get another opinion but they seem to believe all Drs here know what they are talking about, can you ask for the scans X rays etc to take to another hospital? 

I have a simple rule of thumb which is , when in doubt  , get a second or third opinion. One thing is for sure , with cancer better to get on it sooner rather than later. It is a common killer in our neck of the woods. As for hospitals , sometimes I have had better and more honest treatment at government hospitals compared to pvt ones where getting money from patients is an important part of the ' business '

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, proton said:

How to access the health forum?, all that appears are the sub forums

Follow my link and you'll see the three sub-forums and below them all the regular threads.

image.png.58c8d45a0e25262be8517c17edfc7cc4.png

If you alert a moderator to your OP here they can move it.  Hit the report button to alert a moderator.

• Thumbs Up 1