Where to pin “Bicycle for Sale” ad?

henrik2000

Hello, soon I want to sell my used mountain bike in Pattaya or Jomtien. I learned already in this forum that I can advertise on Craigslist, Bahtsold, and Facebook. Do any other online platforms come to mind? (I can only write English, not to Thai).

What's more, are there notice-boards maybe in bars or supermarkets in Jomtien (preferred) or Pattaya where I can pin a paper with my offer and LINE ID or phone number?

Detail-questions:

On the paper ad, would you give your LINE ID, e-mail and\or Thai phone number? I am not happy about posting a phone number, because I don't like sudden calls from strangers. I don't use WhatsApp.

For the paper ad, would clean handwriting be enough, or do you advise me to type and print? Then I would have to find a shop that prints my PDF. (Printing might allow me to include small pictures of the bicycle, in colour or black and white.)

Any other practical advice from your experience selling used stuff in Jomtien, Pattaya?

PS

This posting here is not to sell the mountain bike. It's only about where to post the ad.

40 minutes ago, henrik2000 said:

Hello, soon I want to sell my used mountain bike in Pattaya or Jomtien. I learned already in this forum that I can advertise on Craigslist, Bahtsold, and Facebook. Do any other online platforms come to mind? (I can only write English, not to Thai).

What's more, are there notice-boards maybe in bars or supermarkets in Jomtien (preferred) or Pattaya where I can pin a paper with my offer and LINE ID or phone number?

Detail-questions:

On the paper ad, would you give your LINE ID, e-mail and\or Thai phone number? I am not happy about posting a phone number, because I don't like sudden calls from strangers. I don't use WhatsApp.

For the paper ad, would clean handwriting be enough, or do you advise me to type and print? Then I would have to find a shop that prints my PDF. (Printing might allow me to include small pictures of the bicycle, in colour or black and white.)

Any other practical advice from your experience selling used stuff in Jomtien, Pattaya?

PS

This posting here is not to sell the mountain bike. It's only about where to post the ad.

IME Rimping Supermarket in Chiang Mai had a notice board on which ads could be posted. Seek, and ye shall find.

How do you expect people to contact you, if you won't list a phone number? You can always block anyone you find to be suspect.

Definitely, any ad you post should include photos. Color, prferably.

Do it the Thai way, put your bike at the front of the house with  ขาย wrote on it, sell in Thai, sign on it no need for the phone number,

I see this all the time, friend of mine sold his pickup and motorbike like this, did not take long. 

• Like 1