Motorcycle coolant need changing?

Taking my 2016 Forza for a service tomorrow, oil, general check. 26000ks. I bought the bike 2nd hand with about 16000ks. Last service a few years ago I asked them to change the coolant as I didn't know if previous owner had ever done it. Guy said not need. I said change it anyway. Wen I came to pick up the bike I asked him if he'd changed the coolant. Not need. Does coolant need changing at some point or is it only top up wen needed? Does it have a finite lifespan? Not having any heating issues by the way

No need to worry about the coolant if all is okay, have a look inside the container, if the color is okay (light blue, not dark) and full, it will work fine for many more years...

I have the same year Forza, my water pump leaked, so when they repaired it, they had to empty most of the coolant and refill fresh - but it looked very clean when I saw it (38k km). I also seen a YouTube video of a guy properly purge all the coolant out of a Forza and refill it, using a pump, and that, proper, job looked very complicated, way beyond average Thai mechanic I think, that's why they say, "no need "...!  😆

But make sure the brake fluid is changed every 2 years, that degrades fast in this heat. Forza has dual channel ABS with Combi Brake System on top of that, in some way it's 3 channel ABS, fresh brake fluid is useful for all this to work well... 

It needs to be changed. I learned it.

Recently I drove to district town with the 11 year old Click to have yearly inspection done.

After a few kms I see a red warning light. Never seen before on any scooter.

Overheated.

Slowly back to village mechanic and having exchanged coolant.

Probably not been done ever since.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Ended up getting it all done, cost an arm and a leg too. I knew I was in trouble when I walked in and saw 6 service guys sitting around doing nothing. Got the same at Isuzu. Obviously with the economy here people aren't getting service done, and they are trying to make the most of out the people who do. Both car and bike services got about 4 phone calls for nonsense repairs they claimed need doing and upsells

Bill ended up around 4500, but that included a new rear tyre for about 2400 which I could have bought online for 1500. Also new front disks. The rest was about what you would expect from a Honda dealership aka 30-40% mark up on everything. We have a local guy here who fixes my wife's scooter on occasion. he is embarrassingly cheap, and very good too I must say.