Residence certificate, TM30

PoorSucker

Was getting one today at Jomtien immigration.

Last year when I renewed my driving license they required a letter from my condo.

Buying a new motorbike so needed one more, didn't want my condo letter.

Copy of your TM30 is the thing now...

Tourists are asked for TM30 when renewing a 30 day arrival stamp.

Didn't ask for TM47 or TM6.

Wanted a copy of my original visa, luckily I had a recent one.

My former original visa was 18 years old in an expired passport from another nation. 😂

• Sad 1

A TM-30 IS REQUIRED for a foreigner staying in Thailand.

Also reguired, a NEW TM-30 within 24 hours, when you MOVE residence / where you are staying, from point A to point B.

TM-30 and 90 day reports are a fact of life here.

Depending if you OWN or RENT the condo, you can get a "HOUSE BOOK" either Blue or Yellow which IS proof of residence - the LOCAL amphor can give you the information THEY require. A house book is proof of residence.

I am married now, and  had a Yellow house book ( she filed TM-30 ) over a year BEFORE we were married. We were living in her condo.

In Thailand, up to date paperwork is VERY important and opens many doors.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling - fat fingers

I will be renewing my Thai drivers license in the next few months. As my current address of which I paid for is in my wifes name do I still have to produce a residence certificate. I've lived at my current address for the past 22 years. It has always been used in Thai one year visa and drivers license renewals.

3 hours ago, edwardflory said:

A TM-30 IS REQUIRED for a foreigner staying in Thailand.

Also reguired, a NEW TM-30 within 24 hours, when you MOVE residence / where you are staying, from point A to point B.

TM-30 and 90 day reports are a fact of life here.

Depending if you OWN or RENT the condo, you can get a "HOUSE BOOK" either Blue or Yellow which IS proof of residence - the LOCAL amphor can give you the information THEY require. A house book is proof of residence.

I am married now, and  had a Yellow house book ( she filed TM-30 ) over a year BEFORE we were married. We were living in her condo.

In Thailand, up to date paperwork is VERY important and opens many doors.

Maybe in a few overzealous IO's, but certainly not all.

You say you are on a tourist visa and require an extension need a TM30, fair enough. So why do you need a residence certificate if you don't live here? If you have an extension married or Retirement and returning to the same address and already have a TM30, then no need to do a new one. Yes at Jomtien.

14 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

I will be renewing my Thai drivers license in the next few months. As my current address of which I paid for is in my wifes name do I still have to produce a residence certificate. I've lived at my current address for the past 22 years. It has always been used in Thai one year visa and drivers license renewals.

A COR is always required, unless you have a pink card. 

8 hours ago, jimn said:

You say you are on a tourist visa and require an extension need a TM30, fair enough. So why do you need a residence certificate if you don't live here? If you have an extension married or Retirement and returning to the same address and already have a TM30, then no need to do a new one. Yes at Jomtien.

The TM30 requirements at jomtien change with the breeze. I think you will find currently (dec 2023) they want a new tm30 if returning from outside Thailand. 

On 1/28/2024 at 6:51 AM, Peterw42 said:

The TM30 requirements at jomtien change with the breeze. I think you will find currently (dec 2023) they want a new tm30 if returning from outside Thailand. 

Yes, that is what I believe. But that has been the requirement for a little while now, so may be due a change.