Using Mintmobile new Minternational plan to get bank Code txt

I use a mintmobile plan for my  USA phone number to get Txt bank codes while in Thailand.

They just started Minternational for travelers! Purchase 1 day$10, 3 days $20 or 7 days $40 .

This appears to make it obsolete for living in Thailand .It use to be 10 cents to receive Per txt .

It’s possible Im reading this wrong.Are there any Mintmobile customers on the forum?

Your thoughts ?

I think this is just an option.  I haven't experienced any change in my Mint Mobile in Thailand.

Similarly, when I turn on my AIS phone when I'm outside of Thailand, I get a text saying that if I want to save money, I can buy this type of package. X baht for D days. If I don't buy the package, I still can use my AIS phone but I have to pay y baht per message, z baht per phone call, u baht per MB of data download. 

• Thanks 1

It looks like some changes have been made in the past week re: Mint Mobile, international use and UpRoam.

Many active threads on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mintmobile/comments/19fmbxa/bring_back_uproam_please/

You may be able to port out to UltraMobile PAYG ($3/month, 100 SMSes, WiFi Calling).

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

It looks like some changes have been made in the past week re: Mint Mobile, international use and UpRoam.

Many active threads on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mintmobile/comments/19fmbxa/bring_back_uproam_please/

You may be able to port out to UltraMobile PAYG ($3/month, 100 SMSes, WiFi Calling).

Im reading the disgruntled threads now! I have a Ultramobile PayG plan as well . I was very curious what other members here,who have Mintmobile plans to receive OTP txt codes, had to say.

Thanks

Edited by riclag

6 hours ago, FarangRimPing said:

I think this is just an option.  I haven't experienced any change in my Mint Mobile in Thailand.

Similarly, when I turn on my AIS phone when I'm outside of Thailand, I get a text saying that if I want to save money, I can buy this type of package. X baht for D days. If I don't buy the package, I still can use my AIS phone but I have to pay y baht per message, z baht per phone call, u baht per MB of data download. 

I dont know if this new revenue scheme by Mintmobile who was recently bought out by Tmobile effects receiving txt codes. 

I only use the phone & the usa # for the otp txt codes from the banks.

1 hour ago, FarangRimPing said:

I had this just tested, that is, having a bank send me a text message to my mintmobile US number while I'm in Thailand. All worked as usual.

I hope it stays this way.

Thats great for you, I have been on Reddit looking at the responses of the new Minternational plan and many are 

upset ! I tried txting to my mint number and nothing  came. I started moving all my institutions that use the MM number over to my Ultrapaygo account.

Theres two institutions that require I have  access to my MM  # to send a code . Im gonna have to buy a $10 day pass for that.

The customer service rep at MM said 

the new plan is cost effective for MM CUSTOMERS. Lol

I told her what use to cost me 10 cents for 1 otp bank code now will cost $10. I suggested to mention it to a higher up.

oh well 5 years as a customer and almost $1k for annual  membership . Chalk it up and move forward , i guess.

I will probably try to salvage the number and port it out to have a option when Ultramobile does a similar move .

Edited by riclag

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 8:32 PM, FarangRimPing said:

I had this just tested, that is, having a bank send me a text message to my mintmobile US number while I'm in Thailand. All worked as usual.

I hope it stays this way.

I just received notice from Mint that they are canceling my International Roaming, forcing me to use their new (expensive and inconvenient) plan.

So I will now purchase a plan from someone else and transfer my Mint phone number to the new carrier.

Such a disappointment.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FarangRimPing said:

I just received notice from Mint that they are canceling my International Roaming, forcing me to use their new (expensive and inconvenient) plan.

So I will now purchase a plan from someone else and transfer my Mint phone number to the new carrier.

Such a disappointment.

Don’t cancel until you get another!

The x owner came on a social media platform to quell dissension  2 weeks ago . Basically  he said the staff thought it was a good Idea(Minternational  plan)but never gave much thought to the customers who only use MM to get 2fa authorization codes from banks.

He apologized and said they are looking into it .

My thoughts are they must be DEI hires ! Who in their right business mind would disenfranchise thousands of people who take extended holidays out of the country without consideration.. What use to cost 10 cents to receive an initial txt now cost $10  .

• Like 1