Good Ol' TM30s ??

factseeker

Hi,

Arrived on 'waiver' and upgraded with a 30 Days extension - all OK - Passport stamped etc - thnxs for advices given here.

Pandemonium at Central Festival  but excellent 'service with a smile' from Immi.

Prior to the Covid thing wife and I had 365 day Retirement Non 'O' Visa' for quite a few years.

Circa period 2017 I think the TM30 appeared on the scene - at least it seemed so to us - all of a sudden all and sundry were speaking about it.

Appeared to cause much confusion even at our 'long term' GuestHouse - although I had the impression that the responsibility was down to them.

At the time it seemed maybe as though it had always existed but few took seriously.

Now appears to be pretty 'central' to all paperwork.

Can anyone indicate exactly what it is all about - who supplies it etc.

The way it was for us previously was that we would sign in on arrival at GuestHouse - Passport No etc and then every evening Immi would arrive on a motorbike and take all details of all residents.

So long as that happened we were AOK when renewing out Retirement Visa.

This visit to CM we signed in as per usual - but just before Immi Central Festival visit GuestHouse gave us a Form with an impressif Police Coat of Arms  with all details ref our stay -- so is that the TM30?? .

We met with others at Central Festival who had been turned away due I think no TM30 - apparently a new Hotel only just opened who actually phoned Immi while people there but was insufficient.

So what gives??  Any thoughts??

Bets Rgds.

Edited by factseeker

The law has been around for a while, before 2017, but it was largely ignored. 1970's?

The law states that you must register (TM 30) your place of accommodation within 24 hours of arrival.

It is the legal responsibility of the house owner, landlord, property manager, hotel to do this.

However, if they refuse, and you do not have one, immigration may -

refuse to talk to you

arrest you

or whatever.

This seems to differ by IO location.

The bottom line these days is that if you want to talk to immigration about anything, it is more likely to be more fruitful if you are registered on the TM 30 database.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, factseeker said:

We met with others at Central Festival who had been turned away due I think no TM30 - apparently a new Hotel only just opened who actually phoned Immi while people there but was insufficient.

The accommodation needs to register the tm30 online. Immigration wants a hard copy of the receipt of that registration. The folks you seen at the IO were denied, for either not being registered in the system and/or not having the receipt.

20 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

The law has been around for a while, before 2017, but it was largely ignored. 1970's?

The law states that you must register (TM 30) your place of accommodation within 24 hours of arrival.

It is the legal responsibility of the house owner, landlord, property manager, hotel to do this.

refuse to talk to you

arrest you

or whatever.

The bottom line these days is that if you want to talk to immigration about anything, it is more likely to be more fruitful if you are registered on the TM 30 database.

If the owner refuses to do the TM30, they may also refuse to supply the required documents to do a renter registration making it difficult to register. Especially if immigration won't help. 

A TM-30 IS REQUIRED for ALL foreigners in Thailand.

1) a hotel will file after you show and they copy your info.

2) if you MOVE from point A to point B a NEW TM-30 needs to be filed within 24 hours of your move. Usually filed by whom you rent from, BUT 'some' landlords do NOT or refuse to file.  YOU can file as POSSESSOR - I have filed personally at 3 different offices ( to be on the safe side ).

When I had friends ( 2 adults 1 minor child ) from US stay at our house, I filed a TM-30 for them at my local IO.  Took around 15 minutes using MY Passport with UP TO DATE paperwork - MY TM-30, MY extension of stay and MY 90 day report, MY rental agreement, their passports with Tourist Visa.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, novacova said:

The accommodation needs to register the tm30 online. Immigration wants a hard copy of the receipt of that registration. The folks you seen at the IO were denied, for either not being registered in the system and/or not having the receipt.

Is that what a TM 30 actually is?  I still have not seen a copy of what a TM 30 that you would bring to immigration looks like. I've never seen it posted here. But read about you have to bring it constantly. When staying at a hotel the night before I have bought a copy of the list of foreigners with my name and passport number and dates staying. Also a copy of what looks like a normal receipt. But I never felt either of them was a " TM30". Anyways a couple weeks ago at Hua Hin they were asking several people for room keys!! I had a post card and they actually gave me an approval. 

Edited by alex8912

21 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

refuse to talk to you

arrest you

or whatever.

Hi All,

Thnxs everyone for your replies - your comment here seems to tie exactly with my experience.

In fact I now realise the place we always stay at was probably doing the TM30 report way back in early 2000s when we discovered them.

But as for the TM30 Receipt?     Seems it was likely the Document they gave me with the Police Coat of Arms  with all details ref our stay - it did look like a Print Out of an Input Form from the WEB.

Once again thnxs All - I like to know exactly what is what - helps for any future situation.

Best Rgds.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I still have not seen a copy of what a TM 30 that you would bring to immigration looks like. I've never seen it posted here

This is what is printed out from the on line version. The paper version is just a filled in form. The first part is the accommodation details and the second part - one for each person

TM301.thumb.jpg.95f3e0d77f9574724c9b2dcaac0c6a94.jpgTM302.thumb.jpg.325ff0129fb0e45e0c2d5083ba3984be.jpg

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Thanks 2

Yes you are right OP. It seems to me too that it became ' a thing' around 2017 and is now an essential thing. Without it it seems Immigration won't talk to you let alone issue you an extension. Then if you have succeeded in getting it done they fine you for being late. Previously never an issue. What makes it so tiresome is that we are not the ones responsible for doing it and those who are may be unwilling to do it. So why are we the ones expected to ensure it's done and have to pay any fine? 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

What makes it so tiresome is that we are not the ones responsible for doing it { a TM-30 }

Read the immigration rules. ""You"" are responsible that "ALL" paperwork is 'up to date' and a TM-30 ...IS... paperwork

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments - one and all = yes the 'posh ' Coat of Arms ' is/was our  TM30s as per via UbanJoe.

This Forum really is the 'Bee's Knees' .

Looks like it might just get to be a bit 'rocky' - but whatever - have a good Year one and all.

Best Rgds

Edited by factseeker