Brexit has completely failed for UK, say clear majority of Britons – poll

6 minutes ago, Stocky said:

You could do it that way but you'd have little credibility. Opinium don't do it that way according to their blurb on methodology, and from the various awards they've garnered then you'd have to say they have credibility.

I don't recall them confirming the demographics. Please link to them so I can take a look. 

Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Yes, you could do such a poll. But you wouldn't be able to make a living at it if your results proved to be consistently wrong. As I pointed out, this polling company accurately predicted the Conservative victory in 2019 and came closest to predicting the outcome of the 2016 Brexit election. It's a business.

There's a footnote to that Wikipedia quote. But I guess you didn't bother to read that bit either.

Indeed there is a footnote. Well done.

However, Wikipedia, by name, is a site that can be edited by anyone with out linking to any factual source.

I know how you like a link. I'm surprised you used a source that cannot be backed up.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Stocky said:

No. It was a survey carried out for The Observer by the independent research company Opinium

Not quite!

The agency also works in the political space and conducts political polls on behalf of The Guardian!

Opinium Research - Wikipedia

They also seem to pay for "your Opinion"!

Opinium Research Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.opinium.co.uk (trustpilot.com)

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Maybe anyone can edit Wikipedia without citing a source. But in this case sources were not only cited but linked to. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

It's not.

I'm wondering why you did not link to the sources cited. That would make your claims more plausible.

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm wondering why you didn't look at the article before raising the issue of sources. You would have found the links. At any rate, the links have been posted. 

I don't bother reading links to Wikipedia, for reasons already stated.