A different beach for a Songkran 'getaway'

NanLaew

With school holidays and Songkran looming, the kids have a hankering for "the beach" last seen before Covid when we did Hua Hin for a week. We've done Pattaya/Jomtien (lived there too) and also Mae Phim, down along Rayong coast as far as Chantaburi but not as far as Trat. Done none of the islands down that way either, but a friend made a recommendation for Koh Mak. Done Samet, Samui and Phuket (no longer interested in the spendy islands) but not Krabi (again recommended but by an older couple with no kids).

So, anything nice on the sunrise side of the Gulf, south of Hua Hin and Cha-Am? Prachuap or Chumphon have any nice 'hideaway' type places. Maybe go down as far as Surat Thani? We're in Udon so would plan of flying to Bangkok and renting wheels. Not up for long-assed drives any more, especially on Issan highways I've driven dozens of times already.

Personally, I want to take the clan to Vietnam and Cam Ranh/Nah Trang since there's non-stops from DMK, but the appeal of Songkran is still strong in teenagers, so I may get vetoed on that call.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to some advice from them what lives down that way.

Edited by NanLaew

Why not just go out from Trat, and try Koh Chang? there you will find many secluded beaches as well as overdeveloped tourist places like White Sand Beach. Haad Sai kheo

Buy an AirAsia-Thailand ticket from CNX to Hua Hin (no stop in BKK). Take a taxi to the Takiaep Beach - but south of the Takiaep mountain. After crossing the river, take any of the streets/sois on the left side which are turning to the breach. There is a (big?) choice of Hotels and guestehouses not far away of the beach or just on the  beach. Many BKK-people on the weekends. Otherwise not overcrouded.

Only one idea.

• Like 1