German Tourist Injured While Walking On Pattaya Footpath

webfact

image.jpeg

A GERMAN tourist injured his foot while walking down a Pattaya footpath at 12.30 a.m. this morning (Jan. 27) with Tourist Police and rescuers from Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan quickly helping him, Naewna newspaper said.

The tourist, Mr. Nils Gleissner, 24, was walking down Pattaya Beach Road in Nong Prue subdistrict, Bang Lamung district, when he stumbled on a wire mesh placed across that stretch of the walkway as construction work is underway to improve the surface.

He was quickly taken to the hospital after getting first aid.

by TNR Staff 

TOP: The German tourist being given first aid after injuring himself at a Pattaya footpath. Photo: Naewna

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-01-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The tourist, Mr. Nils Gleissner, 24, was walking down Pattaya Beach Road in Nong Prue subdistrict, Bang Lamung district, when he stumbled on a wire mesh placed across that stretch of the walkway as construction work is underway to improve the surface.

Sue the ass off of the local government office...  yeah I know it never happens.

53 minutes ago, bradiston said:

BREAKING:

Man slips on banana skin. Gold necklace vanishes. Lady boy held. Foreigner falls over. Students fight it out on Beach Rd. 11 hurt.

Any other news?

The cold snap is over, the mercury is rising again.

16 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

One shouldn't be able to walk on it if it was cordoned off correctly, but hey blame the victim.

I don't need a cordoned off area to see if the ground is safe to walk on or not.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It's all a job in progress.......! I noticed a lot of dangerous spots on Klang only yesterday, which was supposedly completed some months back. One stretch had been damaged by cars driving over into the Bangkok  bank area by Foodland.... I am still limping from a  twisted ankle from a few months back courtesy of Pattaya sidewalks. 

In the real world you could make a claim against the local council.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

In the real world you could make a claim against the local council.

Instead I hope it will get better without an overpriced hospital visit!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Instead I hope it will get better without an overpriced hospital visit!

I was thinking more of a claim for pain and suffering, unable to your daily skipping exercises😲