Jomtien Reentry Permit

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If flying out obtaining reentry permit at airport best option imo..

could be unless you have a delay, and you would be late.  Also, getting the permit AFTER immigration makes me a bit apprehensive .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

could be unless you have a delay, and you would be late.  Also, getting the permit AFTER immigration makes me a bit apprehensive .

Not quite sure what you mean by "after" immigration. After airline check-in, you go upstairs to Security, then downstairs to Passport Control. Here you do not get in line for the IOs but go straight to the corner desk to buy your Re-entry Permit (single or multi), then get in line to get your departure stamp. This is at Suvarnabhumi.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Extra detail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

go straight to the corner desk to buy your Re-entry Permit (single or multi), then get in line to get your departure stamp. This is at Suvarnabhumi.

Is the fee at the airport the same?

23 minutes ago, Findthai said:

Is the fee at the airport the same?

At BKK, they add 200 baht service charge as the RP service desk isn't operated by Immigration staff. The people at the desk get your information, take your picture and walk your application to the actual RP office adjacent while you wait, maybe 5-10 minutes if they're not busy. Never seen more than 2 or 3 people at a time waiting, but mostly by myself. The upside is they save your info/picture so the next time it's even faster. This is all BEFORE you get stamped out.

At DMK, there's no service desk and you do the RP application yourself inside the IO office immediately behind the passport desks. The fee is the same as your local IO office, no service charge. This is all AFTER you get stamped out.

Done both several times and never ever came close to missing any flights.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

At DMK, there's no service desk and you do the RP application yourself inside the IO office immediately behind the passport desks

Not sure what you mean.

Did my reentry permit at DMK last Nov.

The reentry office is just past immigration.

It seemed I was the only one with filled in TM8+ photo etc.

All the others were paying the extra 200b to have immigration fill in forms etc. 

When getting the stamp in pp is it also logged into your  computer record. I somehow had a reentry permit stamp added to my pp when I did my last 90 day report. Never noticed at the time? 

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

the RP service desk isn't operated by Immigration staff.

I've thought about using this service, but I'm always apprehensive that I might arrive and find that there's nobody at the RP place. If it was manned by Immigration cops then I'd feel more certain that someone would always be around, but as it's evidently a private company I don't feel that sense of assurance.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

The 200 baht service fee is only charged if you ask them to complete the form and take the photos, if you take them yourself, it is 1000 baht as normal.

Wanxxrs would not accept my perfectly good pics so had to cough up the extra 200.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:
8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

At DMK, there's no service desk and you do the RP application yourself inside the IO office immediately behind the passport desks

Not sure what you mean.

Did my reentry permit at DMK last Nov.

The reentry office is just past immigration.

It seemed I was the only one with filled in TM8+ photo etc.

All the others were paying the extra 200b to have immigration fill in forms etc. 

So the DMK IO's add a 200 baht service charge for doing it themselves? TBH, I never noticed if they charged me an extra 200 baht. It was over a year ago and receipts have been binned.

The key difference for some is the RP service desk/office location: BKK is immediately before passport stamping, DMK is immediately after passport stamping.

Another note for those using the Premium lanes on departure from BKK who need the RP, you will need to hike from whatever Premium lane security you just passed through to the aforementioned RP service desk in the common people's immigration halls. Not sure if the Premium IO guy keeps a hold of the boarding pass so you need to hike back that way but I did get my ear bent by a very upset Premium passenger having a gurn about it.

1 hour ago, Kinok Farang said:

Wanxxrs would not accept my perfectly good pics so had to cough up the extra 200.

Perhaps by law they need special facial recognition or similar photos? Just asking for a friend.

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

I've thought about using this service, but I'm always apprehensive that I might arrive and find that there's nobody at the RP place. If it was manned by Immigration cops then I'd feel more certain that someone would always be around, but as it's evidently a private company I don't feel that sense of assurance.

So you trust a Thai government worker to be more dilligent than an employee of a private company with a government contract?

It is staffed 24/7. The only time you may have to wait longer than 5-10 minutes is when the IO staff have gone AWOL from their office.

Edited by NanLaew

48 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Perhaps by law they need special facial recognition or similar photos? Just asking for a friend.

Ok,you can tell your friend i had 12 identical pics taken and 4 were accepted by Jomtien Imm.Also please thank him for his interest.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, scorecard said:
2 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Or maybe @Kinok Farang's high school year book pictures weren't considered to be a true likeness any more?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Olmate said:

When getting the stamp in pp is it also logged into your  computer record. I somehow had a reentry permit stamp added to my pp when I did my last 90 day report. Never noticed at the time? 

Did you also not notice paying them for the re-entry permit ?

45 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Did you also not notice paying them for the re-entry permit ?

Never paid, I just did 90day report, never noticed stamp till weeks later! No doubt mix up at  IO office. 

On 1/30/2024 at 4:55 PM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Not quite sure what you mean by "after" immigration. After airline check-in, you go upstairs to Security, then downstairs to Passport Control. Here you do not get in line for the IOs but go straight to the corner desk to buy your Re-entry Permit (single or multi), then get in line to get your departure stamp. This is at Suvarnabhumi.

There have been multiple reports that the location for getting the permit has changed to after you get your stamp.  It was before as you said but apparently it has now changed.  

28 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

There have been multiple reports that the location for getting the permit has changed to after you get your stamp.  It was before as you said but apparently it has now changed.  

I'm not aware of any change of location of re-entry permit desk at either Bangkok airports.

At BKK office is just PRIOR to passport control, after security check. 

At DMK immediately AFTER passport control.

Here is thread with detail of reentry permit desk (and procedure (zone 2) at BKK 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1297706-re-entry-permit-at-airport/

And for DMK 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1303790-applying-for-a-multiple-re-entry-permit-at-don-mueang-airport/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1