Exchanging money at BKK airport

Hi all, My Daughter is arriving at BKK airport, but is then getting a connecting flight to Trat, I realize it will depend on how much time she has in BKK, but the question is with a connecting flight, do you exit immigration in BKK and then Check in for connecting flight? or do you stay 'Airside' zone? if so are there ex-change booths 'Airside'? 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by brianthainess

4 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

I think it's best not exit unless you have at least 1/2 a day between flights.

Maybe she should change a small amount before she leaves of BK.....

So you don't know if ex-change booths are airside? or if you check in airside for connecting flight? 

If it is an international flight, she will have to clear immigration in BKK, as I believe not possible at Trat.

Have a look at this link.

http://www.connectionreview.com/blog/flight-connections-at-bankgok-international-airport-suvarnabhumi-46#:~:text=The minimum connection time for,the International to International transfer).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

If it is an international flight, she will have to clear immigration in BKK, as I believe not possible at Trat.

Have a look at this link.

http://www.connectionreview.com/blog/flight-connections-at-bankgok-international-airport-suvarnabhumi-46#:~:text=The minimum connection time for,the International to International transfer).

Thank for that, So back to my original question are there any exchange booths Airside? no offence intended.

21 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Thank for that, So back to my original question are there any exchange booths Airside? no offense intended.

21 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Thank for that, So back to my original question are there any exchange booths Airside? no offense intended.

Yes there is from this link.

“Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport

On arrival at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport there are cash machines and exchange booths airside and again once you clear arrivals. The exchange booths are convenient, but the rate is normally lower than you will get at other locations in Bangkok. “

https://fanclubthailand.co.uk/where-is-the-best-place-to-change-money-into-thai-baht/#:~:text=On arrival at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi,at other locations in Bangkok.

She I believe, will not be able to stay airside, will have to clear immigration and then go to domestic terminal. Check in will depend, if single ticket booking, or done online with Bangkok Airways.

If it is a single ticket with Bangkok Airways or partner airline, her luggage should not need to be collected, but best to check on initial check in.

https://www.bangkokair.com/codeshare-partner

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dddave said:

There are FX kiosks in baggage claim but very poor rate.  Best airport rates are at kiosks to the left of the Airport Rail Link station in the basement level.

Just Checked K-Bank their ex-rate is quite good opposite where you exit arrivals to save her the trudge of going down to the basement, .85b difference she won't be changing thousands of GBP so up to her if she wants to go down or if she has the time. She doesn't really need to carry baht as I will be meeting her at Trat Airport.  Sorry just thinking out loud.

23 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Just Checked K-Bank their ex-rate is quite good opposite where you exit arrivals to save her the trudge of going down to the basement, .85b difference she won't be changing thousands of GBP so up to her if she wants to go down or if she has the time. She doesn't really need to carry baht as I will be meeting her at Trat Airport.  Sorry just thinking out loud.

I  agree that when changing small amounts, the few baht saved is hardly worth the trudge.   I think more important is to remind her to ask for at least 2000 in small money: couple of 500s, then a mix of smaller.  Always nice to have correct change at hand.

Just now, dddave said:

I  agree that when changing small amounts, the few baht saved is hardly worth the trudge.   I think more important is to remind her to ask for at least 2000 in small money: couple of 500s, then a mix of smaller.  Always nice to have correct change at hand.

True but she won't be leaving the airport anyway, and I just found out she has a 4 hour wait, for her connecting flight, so she could take the elevator down. But I told her last year to change her money here, did she listen? Nope. She is 50+ so up to her 🙄