Savannakhet ME Retirement - My Experience

Recently applied. 

** 3 months of bank statements (overseas okay) equivalent to bt800,000 required

** only single entry available

I speculate multi entry is still possible if I had gone another day and chatted with a different official.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaymatheson said:

Recently applied. 

** 3 months of bank statements (overseas okay) equivalent to bt800,000 required

** only single entry available

I speculate multi entry is still possible if I had gone another day and chatted with a different official.

So you applied for multi-entry retirement Visa and it was not approved and they gave you single? 

On 2/1/2024 at 11:42 AM, Jaymatheson said:

That would be an incorrect speculation. 😮

Neither Savannakhet nor Vientiane offer year-long, multi-entry Non-O visas based on being over 50 (retirement) nor do they offer a year long, multi-entry Non-O based on having thai children.

Both those reasons can only get a 90 day single entry visa 

The ONLY year-long, multi-entry Non-O they issue is based on marriage to a thai and that now requires you show proof of 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only OR proof of the equivalent in your bank account in your country. Sorry, there are reports now that they will only accept proof of funds in a thai bank account in your name only for 2 months 
Sorry for the bad info 😞

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

So you applied for multi-entry retirement Visa and it was not approved and they gave you single? 

I only had a bank statement for the day I applied .... which was acceptable for other people in the recent past.  I couldn't be bothered going out to print off a couple more statements to only receive a single 3 month entry ..... so i just changed to a single 2 month tourist visa on the spot. 

21 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Neither Savannakhet nor Vientiane offer year-long, multi-entry Non-O visas based on being over 50 (retirement) nor do they offer a year long, multi-entry Non-O based on having thai children.

The ONLY year-long, multi-entry Non-O they issue is based on marriage to a thai and that now requires you show proof of 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only OR proof of the equivalent in your bank account in your country. 

What kind of proof of the equivalent from home bank?

On 2/1/2024 at 1:02 PM, Tod Daniels said:

The ONLY year-long, multi-entry Non-O they issue is based on marriage to a thai and that now requires you show proof of 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only OR proof of the equivalent in your bank account in your country. 

There have been recent reports that the consular will only accept proof of funds held in a Thai Bank account to qualify for the Non-O ME visa. A poster was issued a single entry as he assumed funds held in a foreign account was acceptable but apparently its not the case now. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, khunjake said:

There have been recent reports that the consular will only accept proof of funds held in a Thai Bank account to qualify for the Non-O ME visa. A poster was issued a single entry as he assumed funds held in a foreign account was acceptable but apparently its not the case now. 

So if i have bt800,000 in my Thai bank account then the ME option is possible for over 50 retirement?

• 1 month later...