Retirement o visa.

Does the Bt800,000 still have to be deposited two months before extension application? And have there been any alterations in the requirements recently? OK, tell me to check with Immigration but I think sometimes the info from AN is more reliable.

• Haha 2

Yes you do need the 800K in the bank at least 2 months before your extension is due but would be best to say which immigration office you’re using so people can give you a more accurate response. 

E.G. About 5 months back Jomtien IO changed their requirements so you now need a TM30 dated since your last entry into Thailand when doing your extension, previously any TM30 was ok.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

50 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Yes you do need the 800K in the bank at least 2 months before your extension is due but would be best to say which immigration office you’re using so people can give you a more accurate response. 

E.G. About 5 months back Jomtien IO changed their requirements so you now need a TM30 dated since your last entry into Thailand when doing your extension, previously any TM30 was ok.

Thankyou.

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

Does the Bt800,000 still have to be deposited two months before extension application?

OP, is this your first extension? 

Ask because yes it's 800k two months prior to application in addition to financial requirements since last extension. 

As for any changes....some immigration offices have been asking for a TM30.

Some now ask for last TM47 receipt.

Which immigration office do you deal with. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, is this your first extension? 

Ask because yes it's 800k two months prior to application in addition to financial requirements since last extension. 

As for any changes....some immigration offices have been asking for a TM30.

Some now ask for last TM47 receipt.

Which immigration office do you deal with. 

Jomtien. Not the first. Been doing it for around twenty odd years. Same address same details.😒:wacko: Thankyou.

3 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Jomtien. Not the first. Been doing it for around twenty odd years. Same address same details.😒:wacko: Thankyou.

Jomitien is one of the immigration offices I was referring to.

If not inconvenient suggest you take a TM30 with you. 

It's not necessary however Jomtien do their own thing

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Does the Bt800,000 still have to be deposited two months before extension application? And have there been any alterations in the requirements recently? OK, tell me to check with Immigration but I think sometimes the info from AN is more reliable.

AN more reliable !!!! You must be joking

• Sad 3

A couple of weeks ago I did my extension in Ratchaburi.  Just a normal retirement extension with 800K in the bank.  For the first time ever they also wanted to see my wife's Thai ID and get her phone number.  Then he whips out a cellphone and asks for any place around where we live.  So I gave him the name of the closest Wat.  He hands the phone to me with google maps open on the Wat's location and asks me to show him where my house is.  

27 minutes ago, rwill said:

A couple of weeks ago I did my extension in Ratchaburi.  Just a normal retirement extension with 800K in the bank.  For the first time ever they also wanted to see my wife's Thai ID and get her phone number.  Then he whips out a cellphone and asks for any place around where we live.  So I gave him the name of the closest Wat.  He hands the phone to me with google maps open on the Wat's location and asks me to show him where my house is.  

Seems to me they just wanted a TM30 and also many immigration offices want hand drawn map or Google location of where you live.

This is normal. 

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems to me they just wanted a TM30 and also many immigration offices want hand drawn map or Google location of where you live.

This is normal. 

Not for a normal retirement visa.  Nothing to do with marriage.  I've never had to draw a map.  What if my wife wasn't with me or I wasn't married?  I also had given them a copy of the TM30.

He said something about a lot of falang were giving addresses but didn't really stay there.

Edited by rwill

On 2/3/2024 at 5:29 AM, Antiparovian said:

AN more reliable !!!! You must be joking

So do you really believe that advice provided by an immigration officer which might vary from day to day depending on which side of the bed they had got out of that particular morning is actually the very best thing since sliced bread when it comes to reliability?

18 hours ago, rwill said:

Not for a normal retirement visa.  Nothing to do with marriage.  I've never had to draw a map.  What if my wife wasn't with me or I wasn't married?  I also had given them a copy of the TM30.

He said something about a lot of falang were giving addresses but didn't really stay there.

Well it certainly has been for me for the several decades I have been doing retirement extensions of stay (not visa) in Bangkok - hand drawn outline listing main streets used to be requirement but they are happy with Google print outs these days.  But have no idea what you are saying about wife being with you as that is not required or expected.

On 2/4/2024 at 2:53 PM, lopburi3 said:

But have no idea what you are saying about wife being with you as that is not required or expected.

That is what I am saying.  I just do a regular retirement extension, no need for a wife.  My wife did come with me and he called her up and asked for her ID and phone number.  This has never happened before.

13 minutes ago, rwill said:

That is what I am saying.  I just do a regular retirement extension, no need for a wife.  My wife did come with me and he called her up and asked for her ID and phone number.  This has never happened before.

Likely making her feel useful as she already there.  Or getting her phone number?  😏