Is it still possible to do the 90-day report by mail?

The online system has never worked for me, and no one at CW has ever been able to explain to me why, so to avoid having to personally go to CW I have always opted for the mail service. But I noticed that recently they removed the instructions on the immigration site. 

21 minutes ago, zhounan said:

But I noticed that recently they removed the instructions on the immigration site

Seems to be available on immigration site that I looked at.

Note it needs to sent 15 days prior to due date for CW

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, retarius said:

I didn't know about this service. Is this only for CW or do other offices have it as well?

With the possible exception of the odd rogue one here & there, they probably all do.

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

With the possible exception of the odd rogue one here & there, they probably all do.

Thanks I'll look into it. I live in the boonies and it is a long drive for a 5 minute transaction.

2 hours ago, retarius said:

I didn't know about this service. Is this only for CW or do other offices have it as well?

I have been using this service for 2-3 years, practically since they introduced a better online system.
Unfortunately, I'm one of the many who, mysteriously, have never had it work and the IO employees don't understand where is the bug.

Important Note: CW (don't know the other IO) only accept EMS of Thailand Post, don't accept Kerry, Flash and other shipping operators. (This is what the employees told me)

Obviously, before sending the old original 90-days report, I recommend printing a copy, as you will receive back the new one no sooner than 20-25 days.

Edited by zhounan

18 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Important Note: CW (don't know the other IO) only accept EMS of Thailand Post, don't accept Kerry, Flash and other shipping operators.

Ordinary registered post is the only method mentioned on the website...

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/90days-report/

Notification by registered mail (Thailand Post only)

• Prepare the following documents
  1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    – front page showing name / surname / Passport No., etc.
    – current visa
    – last entry stamp of immigration
    – last extension of visa
  2. Photocopy (front-back) of departure card TM.6 (if any) Example
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (If the applicant has been notified before and no travel outside the country). Use only original document  Example
  4. Notification form TM.47, Completely filled in and signed by the applicant (not another person)  Example
  5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. The send back part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  • The above mentioned documents (1-5) must be sent by registered mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration Office in local area where the foreigner resides.
  • Must keep the evidence of sending the registered mail as evidence until the document is returned. 
Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ordinary registered post is the only method mentioned on the website...

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/90days-report/

Notification by registered mail (Thailand Post only)

• Prepare the following documents
  1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    – front page showing name / surname / Passport No., etc.
    – current visa
    – last entry stamp of immigration
    – last extension of visa
  2. Photocopy (front-back) of departure card TM.6 (if any) Example
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (If the applicant has been notified before and no travel outside the country). Use only original document  Example
  4. Notification form TM.47, Completely filled in and signed by the applicant (not another person)  Example
  5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. The send back part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  • The above mentioned documents (1-5) must be sent by registered mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration Office in local area where the foreigner resides.
  • Must keep the evidence of sending the registered mail as evidence until the document is returned. 

I have done this for several years. However I use EMS both ways and always have gotten  the returned document in 3-4 days, total cost is 74 baht.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, watchcat said:

I have done this for several years. However I use EMS both ways and always have gotten  the returned document in 3-4 days, total cost is 74 baht.

I do not understand how you can "use EMS both ways" when Immigration send it back?  You can send it EMS if you want to pay extra (when only registered is necessary) but you have no control over how it is returned to you by Immigration, do you?    The website used to instruct that an ordinary (B10?) postage stamp for return was included with the documents but that seems to be no longer on that list of requirements.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I do not understand how you can "use EMS both ways" when Immigration send it back?

Well, it's very easy. You pay for the return envelope at the post office 37 baht. Same you do with the 10 baht stamp.

Edited by watchcat
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, watchcat said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I do not understand how you can "use EMS both ways" when Immigration send it back?

Well, it's very easy. You pay for the return evelope at the post office 37 baht. Same you do with the 10 baht stamp.

But Immigration doesn't provide a return EMS option.   My bet is that you got your notification returned the same way everyone else does - normal post using your self-addressed and stamped envelope but with a wasted B37 stamp as you have no way of initiating an EMS return delivery (a higher value stamp does not automatically get EMS service). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

(a higher value stamp does not automatically get EMS service). 

No, but the post office put an EMS sticker with higher postage (37baht) on the  return envelope when I send the larger envelope with my documents.