Compensated/renumerated blood and plasma donation

Don't think so - giving blood is part of the Buddhist 'making merit' tradition here.

And if you come from a country that had CJD cases during the BSE issue you can't even be a blood donor here (although I heard that rule may change)

14 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

This is no longer the case.

Please see item 30 on the link.

"If you have lived in Great Britain, France, or Ireland, you are eligible for a whole blood donation. However, if you or any of your family members have had Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD), you are not eligible to donate."

https://blooddonationthai.com/en/whocangiveblood/

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 8OA8 said:

This is no longer the case.

Please see item 30 on the link.

"If you have lived in Great Britain, France, or Ireland, you are eligible for a whole blood donation. However, if you or any of your family members have had Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD), you are not eligible to donate."

https://blooddonationthai.com/en/whocangiveblood/

Many thanks for posting. Definitely need more donors! Helpful information although it does seem to depend upon where you go and to whom you speak on the day of donation (TIT). I donated whole blood for the first time in Thailand at age 63. The Red Cross took my word that I had previously been a regular donor in UK. I answered the questionnaire truthfully about my residence between 1980 and 1996 yet was still accepted. The conditions state that donors aged between 65 and 70 cannot donate at mobile collection sessions. However, they continue to be pleased to see me at my local mobile sessions. A donor attendant asks me; 'Are you normally in good health?'. My positive response seems good enough!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

I didn't realize that they had to throw away the stocks of blood they have after a month or so.

No wonder its a battle to keep the stock levels  up.

You're not wrong! After eating our noodles in a local restaurant my Mrs asked for the 'checkbin'. Proprietor said; 'No need, the Prefect who was in the corner paid your bill. Something about me being the only falang blood donor in his town'. Made me feel proud yet humble too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

because some people here are schemers trying to get by. Jane, you give teachers here a bad name. i studied 4 years to get a B ed and it was hard work. the 2 op's i have seen from you so far are all dodgy in nature. your 1st op was how to work here illegally/without a degree as a teacher and now you are trying to earn extra income selling your blood/plasma. seems to me you probably should go back home, because if you are trying to teach illegally and you need extra income selling blood it will all catch up with you sooner or later. i wish you had chosen another name than teacher ______

"i wish you had chosen another name than teacher ______".

Maybe she just couldn't think of one?

• Haha 1

I cant figure your claims out because I am older than 50 years old and I give 3-4 times per year blood in public hospitals except from May month on during summer period because I drive motorcycle and I afraid traffic accidents.

Every 2 years I also give plasma althought I hate hospitals and injections (its my problem the injections and I am unvaccinated for corona due to this reason) voluntarily no money and the blood is checked in hospitals.

If Thai Health Ministry want to pay for blood imports in Thailand it is their problem and not mine because if someone seeks blood I am willing to offer free my blood but only in public hospitals and not in private "shops". As an Orthodoc Christian its my duty to treat others voluntary.

Source:

https://www.volza.com/p/blood-plasma/import/import-in-thailand/

During previous years when data base of public hospitals in my country wasnt access online I gave 5 and 6 times blood every year joinning my cousin who is pathologist doctor and althought I am officer at the same time during my free hours I worked hard enought to errect my properties and during nights I spend 3-4 hours lifting weights (bodybuilding) at the gym daily. I had no health problems but my personal problem was and it is ingections I become a bull in a glass shop when I see an ingection.....

What is the current situation in E.U States : Every year, EU patients benefit from over 25 million blood transfusions, a million cycles of medically assisted reproduction, over 35 000 transplants of stem cells (mainly for blood cancers) and hundreds of thousands of replacement tissues (e.g., for orthopaedic, skin, cardiac or eye problems)

Source:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20230911IPR04909/donations-and-treatments-new-safety-rules-for-substances-of-human-origin