Boots Paracetamol

Thailand

Used to be our go to pain/ ailment reliever but seems to have disappeared off the shelves. Same your way?

Panadol,Tramadol despite having Paracetamol in them don't appear to be the best alternatives.

What have you found to be a good alternative?

Thanks

Boots.jpg

1 minute ago, retarius said:

Tramadol doesn't have paracetamol in it. 

Try Sara or Tylenol available in every pharmacy I've been in.

Stand corrected. Was really asking about those who have used Boots Paracetamol, can they still find it and if not what are they using as an alternative and is it effective.

15 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Tramadol despite having Paracetamol in them don't appear to be the best alternatives.

Tramadol is an addictive opiod painkiller, while it is sometimes sold with paracetamol, it is not the same as our paracetamol. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Stand corrected. Was really asking about those who have used Boots Paracetamol, can they still find it and if not what are they using as an alternative and is it effective.

No issue. I mentioned it because Tramadol is a restricted drug, because of its addictive potential. But pretty much all the active for all brands of paracetamol comes from a few sources where labour is cheap and where they have good chemists to make it, like India and China. Boots will be buying their paracetamol from the same sources, so it doesn't matter which brand you buy, just pick the cheapest. Sara 100 tabs or caplets costs about 99 baht. 

2 minutes ago, retarius said:

No issue. I mentioned it because Tramadol is a restricted drug, because of its addictive potential. But pretty much all the active for all brands of paracetamol comes from a few sources where labour is cheap and where they have good chemists to make it, like India and China. Boots will be buying their paracetamol from the same sources, so it doesn't matter which brand you buy, just pick the cheapest. Sara 100 tabs or caplets costs about 99 baht. 

Boots Paracetamol was 100 tabs for 100 baht so Sara sounds like a great deal!:biggrin:

• Like 1

That you buy them by the 100's says something. I buy a strip of 10 Ibuprofen, and usually can't get them finished before the expiry date

Although it is not addictive, your body builds up tolerance to it.

6 minutes ago, BenStark said:

That you buy them by the 100's says something. I buy a strip of 10 Ibuprofen, and usually can't get them finished before the expiry date

Although it is not addictive, your body builds up tolerance to it.

Ibuprofen is something very different to Paracetamol, but both have their risks and side effects.

If you have kidney issues, do not take Ibuprofen, in a high dose it can lead to immediate renal failure. Paracetamol seems more dangerous to the liver.

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, Madam gets Sara from the local pharmacy, they seem to work just the same as branded Tylenol.

Same same, but Tylenol is easier to swallow

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

they are all the same 500 paracetamol, i thought everyone knew that, maybe an added placebo if you pay more

Exactly...   in standard tablet form: Boots 500mg Paracetamol is the same as Panadol 500mg Paracetamol or Tylenol 500mg Paracetamol... 

Its like water... Sprinkle, Evian or Montfleur etc.. its all the same mostly and may vary with packaging and perhaps a slightly different coating...  but thats about it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Thailand said:

So I guess no one has seen Boots Paracetamol on the shelves!:tongue:

I haven't...      but knowing that paracetamol is just paracetamol I've never specifically 'sought out' the Boots brand.

Any reason why you are specifically looking for boots, when exactly the same product is sold under a different name such as Tylenol ?

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I haven't...      but knowing that paracetamol is just paracetamol I've never specifically 'sought out' the Boots brand.

Any reason why you are specifically looking for boots, when exactly the same product is sold under a different name such as Tylenol ?

First line of my original post.

"Used to be our go to pain/ ailment reliever but seems to have disappeared off the shelves. Same your way?"

But as it appears it is no longer available and nobody actually answered the original question.

• Confused 1