Non-O (Marraige) Extension - Nonthaburi

14 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

there were a few upset foreigners in there though, one of which was actually screaming at one of the Immigration officers

Screaming is really going help....

image.jpeg.cac5090efeef7c44bb7fd764b71c89d3.jpeg

4 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Went in for my Non-O extension based on marriage yesterday, 8th year now. Pretty uneventful, only a few changes this time, they added 2 new officially printed off documents (one for wife - one for me) that we needed to sign right there, and they added two more documents to sign at the desk where they take my picture (one with my picture they took on it). They also handed back my yellow book copies, not sure why, as they required it every other year. My wife never did update our Kor-Ror 22 document, so we used the old one from 2016 for todays visit, no issues. My wife fought me on it, but then asked the Immigration Officer about this subject, his answer was that since my wife's surname was changed to mine, and reflected on her Thai ID as such, that an updated Kor-Ror 22 is not needed. My wife told me (not sure how true this is), but she says the reason the IO doesn't need the updated Kor-Ror 22 is because if we were divorced, she would be forced to update her Thai ID to go back to her maiden name. So basically if she had not changed her surname when we got married, we would have been required to update our Kor-Ror 22 every year, but in our case it's not needed. Also, the IO said nothing about my bank account balance, no warning on using the funds while under consideration, not a word.

We are usually well prepared, so sailed right through the process, there were a few upset foreigners in there though, one of which was actually screaming at one of the Immigration officers, they never learn! LOL

Dear lordgrinz,

May I know u do the 90 days by mail or in present?

If by mail,

We should send to room 203, right?

1 hour ago, wilkis333 said:

I have made the same kind of  extension on 31Jan but until this moment no one contact us for home visit. Usually when will the officer contact the applicant? My visa valid date will be expired on 23 Feb.

That was 8 years ago, and that was before the Nonthaburi Immigration relocated their office. But the interview was setup through a phone call to my wife, we had one of witnesses their when he showed up, wasn't too long after we did the extension though.

• Thumbs Up 1