Dentist Qualifications in Pattaya

georgegeorgia

I'm just asking for a friend of mine but what are the qualifications for dentists in Pattaya?

He was asking as he said that one can do a 1 year dental technician course apparently in Australia and be a dentist in Thailand

Im just trying to find out for him as we don't want to go to unqualified dentists 

I remember years ago not so much now ,but remember the Pharmacies in Pattaya ,they were run by NON pharmacists ,I think ,I don't know but was that stopped???

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

I have no idea about that. However I did go to a dentist in central mall, Pattaya. On the upper floor. The lady was very experienced and did an excellent job. 

I’m pretty sure most dentists who advertise their practice online also show a bio, that includes qualifications. If you go to a back street operator you may be taking a risk.

I have been to a couple in Pattaya that barely looked in my mouth. One did not look in my mouth at all for a serious problem where I had pain, just did an x-ray. The other looked for about three seconds and refused to do a cleaning or a crown I needed on a cracked tooth and did not charge for the visit. Don't ask me why. These were places with good online reviews, not just any place I walked into.

I will be seeing the nice place in bangkok again soon. I also had a great local private practice dentist in Chiang Mai that did good work.

Sorry to say again, but I'm biased about the bad luck encounters having something to do with Pattaya 🤷🏻‍♂️. I consider myself lucky it happened on the first visit before any major work so it did not bother me much, I just never went back.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, JimTripper said:

The other looked for about three seconds and refused to do a cleaning or a crown I needed on a cracked tooth and did not charge for the visit

I was told a crown had limited success wrt the pain you could be getting from  cracked tooth... in fact it failed for me and I ended up doing a  root canal IIRC. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I was told a crown had limited success wrt the pain you could be getting from  cracked tooth... in fact it failed for me and I ended up doing a  root canal IIRC. 

I did not have pain in the cracked tooth so I think it could still be capped or at least bonded to keep it from getting worse.

Anyhow, to just wait until it hurts is crazy. Doing nothing lets it gradually get worse and I would eventually need a root canal or lose the tooth and due to the crack getting bigger. Cracks don't just stay there and be Ok they need to be fixed. I'm not a dentist but even Einstein knows that.

Edited by JimTripper