Savannakhet 1 year NON O multy entry/marriage

Hi I read somewhere 400.000thb can also be in a foreign account,how is that working what exactly they want to see?

Another question how about monthly pension payments(40.000thb) into a Thai bank,with Embassy letter,is that ok too?

Covered in this thread

https://aseannow.com/topic/1319238-1-year-multi-non-o-based-on-marriage-savannakhet-jan-2024-report/ 

Take note of post from @Paul Robson "He put that he had to season the 400k for 2 months. Need to edit that I do not think that is correct. The money does not need to be seasoned as far as I can surmise. 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Covered in this thread

https://aseannow.com/topic/1319238-1-year-multi-non-o-based-on-marriage-savannakhet-jan-2024-report/ 

Take note of post from @Paul Robson "He put that he had to season the 400k for 2 months. Need to edit that I do not think that is correct. The money does not need to be seasoned as far as I can surmise. 

Thank you

It’s a total nightmare. There’s a thread somewhere with a number of people swearing that it’s ok to have the 400k in a foreign bank account. Then someone came in and said he just got denied for having it in a foreign bank account. That report seemed reliable enough to me. So it’s clear as mud. Sounds like you’re chancing it if you do the foreign account method to me. 

12 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

It’s a total nightmare. There’s a thread somewhere with a number of people swearing that it’s ok to have the 400k in a foreign bank account. Then someone came in and said he just got denied for having it in a foreign bank account. That report seemed reliable enough to me. So it’s clear as mud. Sounds like you’re chancing it if you do the foreign account method to me. 

I agree,but since I read somewhere it is possible I thought I give it a try and ask here,if not here then where to ask.I'm actually on extension of stay but tired with the immigration bullsh.. every year.I don't want to put 400.000 on any thai bank and since they started that tax sh.. .....So I guess I have to continue with the immigration bullsh..

A few years ago I tried to extend with an agent I got the extension I wanted but didn't get my passport back for 6 weeks,made me feel very uncomfortable,on top using an agent is not really a bargain.Even you have all documents they still charge 10000thb up

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I don't want to put 400.000 on any thai bank and since they started that tax sh.. .....So I guess I have to continue with the immigration bullsh..

A few years ago I tried to extend with an agent I got the extension I wanted but didn't get my passport back for 6 weeks,made me feel very uncomfortable,on top using an agent is not really a bargain.Even you have all documents they still charge 10000thb up

Where to start.

Suggest you include tax considerations when/if it happens.

6 weeks for under consideration period is because you used an agent. 

Doing the process yourself you keep your pp and the consideration period is more like 3-4 weeks.

The 400k only needs to be in the bank for 2 months+ consideration period. Can then be withdrawn as you wish.

Extensions are 1900b

Easy process , no need for an agent. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Where to start.

Doing the process yourself you keep your pp and the consideration period is more like 3-4 weeks.

The 400k only needs to be in the bank for 2 months+ consideration period. Can then be withdrawn as you wish.

Extensions are 1900b

I'm doing it every year alone for 1900thb at immigratin Sriracha,really a pain in the a...M y thai wife is actually a very nice calm person but even she is loosing it with them......................

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I agree,but since I read somewhere it is possible I thought I give it a try and ask here,if not here then where to ask.I'm actually on extension of stay but tired with the immigration bullsh.. every year.I don't want to put 400.000 on any thai bank and since they started that tax sh.. .....So I guess I have to continue with the immigration bullsh..

It’s getting WORSE. I seriously cannot believe they make married people put up with this much bs. I am with you 100% I cannot stand the fact I have to move money over. I have to do it soon too. Who the hell knows if I even really have to move the money or not. I’m just so sick of it there’s nothing else to say other than how frustrating and old it’s all gotten. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I'm doing it every year alone for 1900thb at immigratin Sriracha,really a pain in the a...M y thai wife is actually a very nice calm person but even she is loosing it with them......................

I do my marriage extension myself using the monthly income method.

The Immigration office that I use is in Kamphaeng Phet and is not only user friendly but farang friendly and very helpful. There are no "hidden" or unexpected charges and to my knowledge no agents seem to be available there either, I have been using that branch for more than 12 years now.

When I did my extension last year in October they politely reminded me that it was only valid until July as I needed a new passport before then.

Not ALL immigration offices are the same.

27 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

It’s getting WORSE. I seriously cannot believe they make married people put up with this much bs. I am with you 100% I cannot stand the fact I have to move money over. I have to do it soon too. Who the hell knows if I even really have to move the money or not. I’m just so sick of it there’s nothing else to say other than how frustrating and old it’s all gotten. 

NO it isn't.

I can remember back in the bad old days at Suan Phlu when it was like a madhouse there.

27 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Thats going back a while..70's?

Suan Phlu was going strong in the 90's.

Move for most visa issues was in September 2009 from what I see on Web.  Not that long ago for those of us elders on retirement.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I do my marriage extension myself using the monthly income method.

The Immigration office that I use is in Kamphaeng Phet and is not only user friendly but farang friendly and very helpful. There are no "hidden" or unexpected charges and to my knowledge no agents seem to be available there either, I have been using that branch for more than 12 years now.

When I did my extension last year in October they politely reminded me that it was only valid until July as I needed a new passport before then.

Not ALL immigration offices are the same.

Sounds like a dream

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

I got knocked back in November last year as I only had a bank statement from Oz. I ended

up getting a three-month visa for 2000 Baht.

Heading back next week with my Thai bank statement on me. Not seasoned. I'll let you all know how I get on.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 9:29 AM, mrmicbkktxl said:

Hi I read somewhere 400.000thb can also be in a foreign account,how is that working what exactly they want to see?

Another question how about monthly pension payments(40.000thb) into a Thai bank,with Embassy letter,is that ok too?

If you go to Laos.or any other embassy/consulate, you have to bear in mind you are dealing with the MFA and not immigration. If you could apply for the Non O ME marriage in London you would have to have £10,000 in the bank, so why should any other country be different.

Historically embassies/consulates have had a bit of a free hand in dealing with visa applications and have imposed there own interpretations causing a great deal of confusion. Those now on the e-visa platform have more of a standardised format which will probab;y become more widespread as time passes.

I also use Sri Ratcha and not really a problem, went in Dec for marriage extension and very straightforward, doubt I was at the desk 20 minutes. I used to do the income method there and that wasn't a problem either.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, couchpotato said:

That's going back a while..70's?

Late 1990's and early 2000. IF I was lucky I could park in the Post office next door and go to the small farang extensions room. Then we ended up in the main hall which was like a house of madness.

You had to push your way to the desks through clouds of agents with about 20 passports each.

That was back in the days of 200,000 and 400,000 baht visa extensions and grandfathering.

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

If you go to Laos.or any other embassy/consulate, you have to bear in mind you are dealing with the MFA and not immigration. If you could apply for the Non O ME marriage in London you would have to have £10,000 in the bank, so why should any other country be different.

Historically embassies/consulates have had a bit of a free hand in dealing with visa applications and have imposed there own interpretations causing a great deal of confusion. Those now on the e-visa platform have more of a standardised format which will probab;y become more widespread as time passes.

I also use Sri Ratcha and not really a problem, went in Dec for marriage extension and very straightforward, doubt I was at the desk 20 minutes. I used to do the income method there and that wasn't a problem either.

I'm doing extensions in Sriracha since 2012,and every year they added another annoyment,my wife has to take 2-3 times half day off daily salary 3500thb,our house 33 km from Sriracha immigration,not fun.until 2022 embassy letter was enough,now they also asking for bank account slips to see if at least 40.000thb are coming in every month,on top of that I have to bother my thai neighbors(working people)to be at home when the immigration comes to check my address,those officers complain why I stay far and they need to spend a lot of gasoline.I very hate the time of extending my stay.I'm over 23 years in Thailand and things changed to the bad.I would fly anywhere to get a 1 year visa if I don't have to deal with immigration in Thailand anymore.

2006 and  2007 I got 1 Year visa in Kuala Lumpur,the embassy staff asked me why I don't extend at immigration in Thailand,I replied"immigration sucks"she smiled and answered"I know'

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Sounds like a dream

It is only a small office in a small province with not so many farangs. 

Several times I have been the only customer. Plenty of sheltered parking (including a disabled slot (in the sun though).

Easy access and on the ground floor.

Good clean toilets.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

NO it isn't.

I can remember back in the bad old days at Suan Phlu when it was like a madhouse there.

Going from not having to have 400k in the bank, in an already ridiculously complicated and time consuming process, to needing to have 400k in the bank is in fact getting worse, that is, more difficult. Objectively speaking. Hell for years I could not even cross a border or get a bus… but yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose. 

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Where to start.

Extensions are 1900b

Can you leave the country during the consideration period? And, how long does the application process take in Phuket?

I work two weeks on, two weeks off in Oz. I am in Thailand for two weeks each month, therefore time constrained.

Thanks in advance.

16 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I'm doing extensions in Sriracha since 2012,and every year they added another annoyment,my wife has to take 2-3 times half day off daily salary 3500thb,our house 33 km from Sriracha immigration,not fun.until 2022 embassy letter was enough,now they also asking for bank account slips to see if at least 40.000thb are coming in every month,on top of that I have to bother my thai neighbors(working people)to be at home when the immigration comes to check my address,those officers complain why I stay far and they need to spend a lot of gasoline.I very hate the time of extending my stay.I'm over 23 years in Thailand and things changed to the bad.I would fly anywhere to get a 1 year visa if I don't have to deal with immigration in Thailand anymore.

2006 and  2007 I got 1 Year visa in Kuala Lumpur,the embassy staff asked me why I don't extend at immigration in Thailand,I replied"immigration sucks"she smiled and answered"I know'

I am about 30km from immigration, the other side of Mueang Chonburi. I first came in 1999 and came to live 2008, did the first 7 years on ME visas and leaving the country every 90 days had it's good points but not without problems. I got caught up in the UK passport fiasco in 2014 and couldn't leave the country for re-entry so did marriage extension to get another 30 days, passport came back 3 days before ETD time. Sri Ratcha immigration were very helpful, they were also very helpful when I had a ME visa during covid and couldn't leave the country.

The UK embassy stopped doing the letters some time ago, the first if I remember right. The transition from gross income to nett was problematic but you have to live with it, I didn't have a problem doing the monthly remittances with the bank statement.

The UK and I believe other e-visa countries have stopped doing the ME visa which may be a sign of things to come. Unfortunately time does not stand still and you have to learn to adapt, friend of mine in UK is computer illiterate and every year has to get someone to do his visa for him, but they call it progress.

1 hour ago, ScottOzThai said:

I work two weeks on, two weeks off in Oz. I am in Thailand for two weeks each month, therefore time constrained.

You need a multiple entry Non O.

Most folk obtain that in Savannakhet.

2 week on off rotation won't work for single entry non O with annual extensions 

Even oil gas on month on/off find it difficult given the under consideration period and home visit. 

If you were 50+ you could do non O retirement and extensions that would work. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You need a multiple entry Non O.

Most folk obtain that in Savannakhet.

2 week on off rotation won't work for single entry non O with annual extensions 

Even oil gas on month on/off find it difficult given the under consideration period and home visit. 

If you were 50+ you could do non O retirement and extensions that would work. 

Thanks for your reply.

I am heading to Savannakhet next week to get a multiple entry Non O visa. I was curious about applying for an extension for next year and thought I'd ask you.

My Thai bank statement showing 400k deposited last week and therefore not seasoned is my only concern, as there are a lot of conflicting reports regarding this. I did see amongst the comments in this thread, that you had pointed to a post stating that the money didn't have to be in a Thai account for a period of time before being accepted. Hopefully, that is still the case.

Kind regards

43 minutes ago, ScottOzThai said:

My Thai bank statement showing 400k deposited last week and therefore not seasoned is my only concern

I think you will be fine without seasoning. 

Good luck  next week.

Please give update after your visit to Savannakhet. 

Or even better a new thread with a report.

Any issues ask to obtain a single entry non O marriage in lieu of multi. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ScottOzThai said:

Thanks for your reply.

I am heading to Savannakhet next week to get a multiple entry Non O visa. I was curious about applying for an extension for next year and thought I'd ask you.

My Thai bank statement showing 400k deposited last week and therefore not seasoned is my only concern, as there are a lot of conflicting reports regarding this. I did see amongst the comments in this thread, that you had pointed to a post stating that the money didn't have to be in a Thai account for a period of time before being accepted. Hopefully, that is still the case.

Kind regards

If you have any trouble ask the shop across the road for help. The tuk tuk driver took me there and they told me a non o multi entry was possible for 12000 b. No Financials needed.

• Thanks 1