90 Days report - AGAIN!! With news (for me) Pathum Thani

28 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Any Comments???

Different office, different rules.  I've done mine (and I know of others too) who have had on-line reports approved after being out of the country, and I also know of folk who've had them approved after obtaining a new passport where others have said this is not possible.

No real way to define the rules and just have to do what your office requires seems to be the solution.

Edit.  The good results I mention have all been from Jomtien immigration.

Edited by treetops
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

From my last return to TH in mid Nov 2023, I calculated the 90 report was due 12th Feb 2024.

I did an online report (on 3rd Feb - 9 days before deadline) which ,after a few days, was REJECTED.....................reason quoted on their email was "No information of previous 90 report found in the system"

So, yesterday off I drove to Immigration and, after being invited to sit inside in the aircon (the other 10 or so customers were waiting outside under the "tent/marquee" in 35 degrees heat!!!) ans 5 - 10 minutes later called in.

Briefly explained my travel history to the lady IO ( which she seemed to be able to confirm from her computer) and new passport ( which must be stored on the "system" after my annual extension).

She processed a new 90 day report date in May.

I pointed out that , again, I would be overseas at that time, but when I returned could I resume doing the reports online?

Answer, " No, anytime you go overseas and return, the 90 days report MUST BE DONE IN PERSON AT THE OFFICE !!

I had the exact same experience.

My 90 day was actually due on the day I flew overseas, so I didn't bother submitting it.
I obtained a new passport whilst overseas and on returning to Thailand went to my IO to have the stamps transferred.

87 days after re-entering my online 90-day report was rejected.

In person at my IO they stated the reason was because the system couldn't find my previous report, and they need to manually reset the due date in the system.

In contrast, a friend submitted his 90-day report a couple of weeks before he went overseas.
On return, he tried to submit his report on the due date as if he hadn't been away (not 90 days after re-entry) and it was accepted.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Did you pay 60 baht? i ALWAYS pay 60 baht to the lady there without a receipt.

Nope. Never pay anybody anything.

I did try and give one lady in that room B100......genuinely for coffee.

She laughed and handed it back to me.

Not even sure if 109 buys a cup of coffee

4 hours ago, treetops said:

Different office, different rules.  I've done mine (and I know of others too) who have had on-line reports approved after being out of the country, and I also know of folk who've had them approved after obtaining a new passport where others have said this is not possible.

No real way to define the rules and just have to do what your office requires seems to be the solution.

Edit.  The good results I mention have all been from Jomtien immigration.

I was expecting a snag having gone so long with no reports (well I wasn't in the country!) And the new OP.

But thought that after doing this one in person report to "reset" the system, the next one I could do online.

BTW I'll again be overseas when the computer generated next report date comes up.

Anyway, its only a 20 min drive there , so no big deal. But it might bother some members living an hour or 2 drive to the IO.

Wonder if they'd accept a mail~in report in that case?

I was told the same thing the last time mine was rejected after returning from overseas, first 90 day after return must be done in person, then from that point on you can do it online.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, orchidfan said:

History - I have successfully submitted many 90 day online reports in the past and usually get a prompt reply from Pt Imm Office..

But in 2023 I was away several times for months, at a time, so , as he projected time for the next90 day report continuously fell on a day when I was away, hence I didn't submit    

a report (I was not in TH for 90 days, so nor required)

I also got a new passport in May 2023 and had the stamps transferred etc, and in December did my annual marriage extension - with the new passport of course.

From my last return to TH in mid Nov 2023, I calculated the 90 report was due 12th Feb 2024.

I did an online report (on 3rd Feb - 9 days before deadline) which ,after a few days, was REJECTED.....................reason quoted on their email was "No information of previous 90 report found in the system"

So, yesterday off I drove to Immigration and, after being invited to sit inside in the aircon (the other 10 or so customers were waiting outside under the "tent/marquee" in 35 degrees heat!!!) ans 5 - 10 minutes later called in.

Briefly explained my travel history to the lady IO ( which she seemed to be able to confirm from her computer) and new passport ( which must be stored on the "system" after my annual extension).

She processed a new 90 day report date in May.

I pointed out that , again, I would be overseas at that time, but when I returned could I resume doing the reports online?

Answer, " No, anytime you go overseas and return, the 90 days report MUST BE DONE IN PERSON AT THE OFFICE !!

This was NEWS to me. Either she is correct or it was a glitch due to the long period since last report and new passport

Any Comments???

When you get a new passport the first 90 day report has to be done in person to get it into the system

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Liquorice said:

87 days after re-entering my online 90-day report was rejected.

Isn't 87 days too late to submit online? That's probably why it was rejected.

I had the same problem and was told that the deadline to submit online is a week before the due date.

• Confused 2

19 hours ago, orchidfan said:

This advice certainly doesn't match my experience of being able, in practice, to file a 90-day report online following each foreign trip (my office is Rayong). That said, your particular circumstances do appear to be rather exceptional, though.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Robbkk said:

Isn't 87 days too late to submit online? That's probably why it was rejected.

I had the same problem and was told that the deadline to submit online is a week before the due date.

Online reporting can be submitted up to 14 days before, until the due date.

Onlinecalendar90day..png.bbca1a312b0e1ab4020bb7264a25178a.png

45 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I am guessing that an online TM47 might be rejected if the Arrival Card number changes since the last report.

Don’t think that the arrival card number appears on the online application any more .

32 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Don’t think that the arrival card number appears on the online application any more .

Maybe not. I just did an in office TM47 because I had a new passport and the hard copy TM47 does -- couldn't remember about the online but I have done it for a bunch of times.

7 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Maybe not. I just did an in office TM47 because I had a new passport and the hard copy TM47 does -- couldn't remember about the online but I have done it for a bunch of times.

Yes, I think I am right in saying that when you do an online application it is not required and on the copy of the TM47 they create it is left blank.

3 hours ago, flexomike said:

When you get a new passport the first 90 day report has to be done in person to get it into the system

Not at every office. I had mine approved in December with a new passport online. As long as you have previously visited and had your extension stamps transferred to new passport. Jomtien office.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pungdo said:

I was told the same thing the last time mine was rejected after returning from overseas, first 90 day after return must be done in person, then from that point on you can do it online.

Not at all offices. I always do mine online after being in the UK for 4 months. Jomtien office.

4 hours ago, Pungdo said:

What office?  Not all are the same as I and others can verify.

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, I think I am right in saying that when you do an online application it is not required and on the copy of the TM47 they create it is left blank.

OK -- By 'maybe not' I meant maybe the TM6 arrival is not required online. I just didn't remember.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

This advice certainly doesn't match my experience of being able, in practice, to file a 90-day report online following each foreign trip (my office is Rayong). That said, your particular circumstances do appear to be rather exceptional, though.

This year I'll be away (in Hong Kong) for about 3 months, returning early June.

So I'll see if online works 90 days after return....now that their 486, windows 98 has been "reset"

IMHO, the reason for all these issues of 90 day reporting are due to the Immigration Database and the 90-days reporting Database are not real-time synchronized.

I have incurred all the above issues as stated above, passport changes, leaving the country ...etc.

All I do is let the 90-day online report autofill the form, and it works each and every time, even though the information is outdated.

When I go to do my annual retirement renewal visa, I also get a 90-day manual report done, where the IO updates all my 90-daya report details that have changed since my last annual visa renewal.

IO agrees with me, online 90-day reporting software not always good.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, HuaHinNew said:

"

IMHO, the reason for all these issues of 90 day reporting are due to the Immigration Database and the 90-days reporting Database are not real-time synchronized.

I have incurred all the above issues as stated above, passport changes, leaving the country ...etc.

All I do is let the 90-day online report autofill the form, and it works each and every time, even though the information is outdated.

When I go to do my annual retirement renewal visa, I also get a 90-day manual report done, where the IO updates all my 90-daya report details that have changed since my last annual visa renewal.

IO agrees with me, online 90-day reporting software not always good.

"All I do is let the 90-day online report autofill the form, and it works each and every time, even though the information is outdated."

You mean you submit this even from outside Thailand or just when you get back? Surely you return date must be way out??

20 hours ago, orchidfan said:

"All I do is let the 90-day online report autofill the form, and it works each and every time, even though the information is outdated."

You mean you submit this even from outside Thailand or just when you get back? Surely you return date must be way out??

On my return to Thailand when my current 90-day report in situ becomes due for renewal .............even though I should theoretical start a new 90-day report from the time of reentry back into Thailand.

As I mentioned the two databases are not synchronized, it requires an IO to update the 90-day reporting details from the Immigration database...........try it some time

On 2/8/2024 at 4:10 PM, orchidfan said:
On 2/8/2024 at 11:23 AM, Raymonddiaz said:

Did you pay 60 baht? i ALWAYS pay 60 baht to the lady there without a receipt.

Nope. Never pay anybody anything.

I did try and give one lady in that room B100......genuinely for coffee.

She laughed and handed it back to me.

Not even sure if 109 buys a cup of coffee

never been asked nor have i even given any money at PT for a 90 day. 

• Haha 1