Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Bicycle Rental for Lumpini Park, Bangkok

samtam

When I have Googled the only information I have found is the "Pun Pun" bike rentals at Lumpini. The website tells me that all the stations to pick up a Pun Pun nearby are "temporarily closed", and it would seem the only one open is at Central World.

Has anyone reading this ever used Pun Pun, and do they have any information to share, such as quality of the bikes, availability, ease of use of the facility etc, (as it seems to rely on the card working on the machine), and I have no idea whether these stations are properly serviced.

Don't have the answer to that question.

But if it's exercise in the outdoors you're looking for, why not rent a paddle-boat and ride around the lake for a couple hours.

Celebrate Chinese New Year - year of the dragon - amongst the 2-meter long monitor lizards.

kb5bskcln9201.jpg

Pun Pun is likely gone forever.   I expect the overengineered bike stands will block the sidewalks for a while longer. However, there are some app bikes sitting next to the deserted Pun Pun stand on Rajadamri  close to the entrance to the park.  You just scan the QR code, set up a payment card and off you go.

I forgot the name of the bike rental app.  I walk past there all the time and see them there.  They look OK, fairly new.  Better than the Pun Pun bikes anyway.     

27 minutes ago, ricklev said:

Pun Pun is likely gone forever.   I expect the overengineered bike stands will block the sidewalks for a while longer. However, there are some app bikes sitting next to the deserted Pun Pun stand on Rajadamri  close to the entrance to the park.  You just scan the QR code, set up a payment card and off you go.

I forgot the name of the bike rental app.  I walk past there all the time and see them there.  They look OK, fairly new.  Better than the Pun Pun bikes anyway.     

Thanks I just walked up to the park and inquired at the Rama IV entrance opposite U Chu Liang entrance. Some English speaking young Thais directed me towards the Silom MRT station, to which I went. None there. So completing my circuit, I went via Sathorn Road, and noticed two stations, both devoid of bikes and obviously dead....

a case of no pun (pun) intended:cheesy:

PunPun1.jpg.fcee338aab7ff0c7bb2dc2c6489cf347.jpgPunPun2.jpg.b69e01c6343d1855a6310657b6435036.jpg

So thanks for your suggestion. I will look further, at the area you suggest.

Edited by samtam

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:

Don't have the answer to that question.

But if it's exercise in the outdoors you're looking for, why not rent a paddle-boat and ride around the lake for a couple hours.

Celebrate Chinese New Year - year of the dragon - amongst the 2-meter long monitor lizards.

kb5bskcln9201.jpg

Thanks, but the cycling is for my partner's back, (slipped disc between L4 & L5). The stationary bikes in our gym are not suitable, as they are a seat variety, (as in you do not lean forward, or stretch the spine). @ricklev seems to have provided a solution for me to check out.

Edited by samtam

31 minutes ago, ricklev said:

I expect the overengineered bike stands will block the sidewalks for a while longer.

Yes, rather like the telephone kiosks which remained out of service for what seemed/s like a couple of decades.