Pattaya Songtaew Driver Brutally Attacks Competitor After Argument Over Chinese Customers

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Two Songtaew drivers engaged in a heated argument on South Pattaya Road over who would transport Chinese tourists last weekend. The altercation resulted in one driver being hospitalized, while the other is now facing legal consequences.

The incident unfolded around 11:30 PM on February 4th, near Grand Honey 3 on South Pattaya Road. Responding to reports of a fight, police and rescue teams arrived to find 43-year-old Songtaew driver Mr. Kongsak Prakotcheu lying injured on the sidewalk. Mr. Kongsak sported a swollen face, bleeding from his nose and mouth, and a closed left eye that caused significant concern. After receiving initial first aid, he was rushed to Pattaya Hospital for further treatment.

The other individual involved, 47-year-old Mr. Phakaphon Duangkhum, surrendered to the police without attempting to flee the scene. During questioning, Mr. Phakaphon, also a Songtaew driver, admitted to kicking Mr. Kongsak twice, claiming the latter had hurled insults at him in front of his wife and child.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: รักสยาม นิวส์

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, webfact said:

Two Songtaew drivers engaged in a heated argument on South Pattaya Road over who would transport Chinese tourists last weekend

... these chinese tourists didn't pay a single penny to see this boxing match, i guess! 

Edited by Pique Dard
omissions
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

driver, admitted to kicking Mr. Kongsak twice, claiming the latter had hurled insults at him in front of his wife and child.

Sticks and stone may break my bones but words will never hurt me, didn't apply here 🤕....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The incident unfolded around 11:30 PM on February 4th,

5 hours ago, webfact said:

had hurled insults at him in front of his wife and child.

How old was the child?  Why were they helping at nearly midnight?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Quite a few of these drivers are horrible creatures, including these two brawlers.

So many times I have had them try it on with me, these Baht buse drivers. I love giving them the ten Baht with a smile and seeing their twisted, envious faces. 

• Confused 1

Let's face it, there's no educational requirement to be a taxi driver. Messing with some taxi drivers is like getting between a dog & it's meal.

• Agree 1

All these guys missed a sound thrashing from their fathers as they grew up. Bring back the lash and stocks.

They have the emotional maturity of a six year old, and that is an insult to a few 6 year old kids I know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Not with the same frequency

BS, there is just more English language press in Pattaya so you hear about things more.

At least try to be more original too, 'family friendly' and Pattaya has been done to death.

Edited by sungod
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, sungod said:

At least try to be more original too, 'family friendly' and Pattaya has been done to death.

So true, any bad news story in Pattaya, and the posts mentioning "family friendly" are done ad nauseam. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bradiston said:

If he can't control himself, take away his licence. Not fit for public service.

I reckon if you tested their driving skills, say to UK or Australian standards, just on a basic motor vehicle licence not even for public transport, over 90% fail.

Mental wellness and psychology testing, failure percentages would be higher still.