Pattaya Beach Umbrella Operator Arrested for Alleged Child Sexual Abuse

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —A 45-year-old beach umbrella and chair rental provider was arrested on February 8th, 2024, in Pattaya for alleged child sexual abuse charges.

Pattaya police took the suspect, only identified by his nickname as Mr. Tum, into custody following a warrant issued by the Pattaya Provincial Court. Mr. Tum was arrested after he was accused of sexually abusing a 7-year-old Thai-German girl at a condominium located in Soi Thepprasit 17, Jomtien.

According to reports, Mr. Tum is a resident of Surin province in Thailand’s northeastern region. He works as a beach umbrella and chair rental provider on Jomtien Beach.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

Mr. Tum was arrested after he was accused of sexually abusing a 7-year-old Thai-German girl

Mr. Tum will be needing a lot of TUMS from now on.....

• Confused 2

During his questioning, Mr. Tum claimed that he did not molest the victim and merely gave his phone to the victim to play with. However, this contrasted with the victim’s and witnesses’ statement, which led to his arrest.

Hello little girl, where you come from... you like my phone?

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

During his questioning, Mr. Tum claimed that he did not molest the victim and merely gave his phone to the victim to play with. However, this contrasted with the victim’s and witnesses’ statement, which led to his arrest.

Hello little girl, where you come from... you like my phone?

So, you are defending this guy, too?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:
39 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Has he been found guilty of committing any crime yet?

Did you even read the article

Yes, I did, you should have done that also.  He has been accused, he has not been found guilty yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I did, you should have done that also.  He has been accused, he has not been found guilty yet.

I would guess you do not have kids. Let's put it this way. Meet me with your wife and I will take her off alone so she can play with my phone ok. 

What man would say and do that to a little kid that is not his? Clearly something happened other than the child playing with his phone. If they arrested him then also clearly they have enough evidence to charge him as well. 7 year olds are not prone to making up stories like this and parents are not so quick to believe it also without some supporting evidence.

• Confused 3

23 minutes ago, thesetat said:

I would guess you do not have kids. Let's put it this way. Meet me with your wife and I will take her off alone so she can play with my phone ok. 

What man would say and do that to a little kid that is not his? Clearly something happened other than the child playing with his phone. If they arrested him then also clearly they have enough evidence to charge him as well. 7 year olds are not prone to making up stories like this and parents are not so quick to believe it also without some supporting evidence.

Well I have children (boy and girl) and I never ever have them out of my line of sight. I would ask the question who let's their 7 year old daughter walk off with a stranger infact any man or woman? They are culpable.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, thesetat said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I would guess you do not have kids". 

That's the problem with people such as you who make fatuous guesses, I have four children and two grandchildren.

"Let's put it this way. Meet me with your wife and I will take her off alone so she can play with my phone ok".

What?  If I still had a wife what would be the pint of such a ridiculous attempted analogy when she would not be a 7-year old child?

"Clearly something happened other than the child playing with his phone".

No, that has not been "clearly" confirmed yet. 

"If they arrested him then also clearly they have enough evidence to charge him as well".

Being charged does not make him guilty and the prosecutor is the person who will decide if the police "clearly" have enough evidence to indict him.

"7 year olds are not prone to making up stories like this and parents are not so quick to believe it also without some supporting evidence."

Which "supporting evidence" is that?  You need to cast your mind back a couple of months to the case of a van driver being falsely accused of raping a young schoolgirl as a result of the girl being put under pressure from her family.  He was innocent.

I am not condoning this man's  actions if he did what he is being accused of but, at this stage, that has not been proven to be the case.

• Like 1

wow ....  if true ...  this seems prevalent in Thailand,   is that 3 this week alone? .. !

oh dear '     some nasty thai's out there who can't wait until the young get to 18 or 20,  or whatever the legal age is.  

very bad ... and very sad. 

Edited by steven100