Jump to content

Thai woman’s deathly Bangkok rental quest raises eyebrow


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Generally, properties with such histories are notoriously difficult to rent or sell due to superstitions and fears surrounding them.

Affordable... ?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They don't want nothing to do with it if someone has died in the house, I have known of a few cases down here in Phuket, one was some years ago and the farang died the house at that time was worth around 14 million obviously it takes time to sell so she borrowed a load of money against the house and never came back eventually the loan company took over the house, I did go and look at the house and it had been stripped of anything worth taking, who did that I don't know, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thesetat said:

Smart lady. No Thai wants to buy a home or condo where someone has died in it. Prices get reduced to find a buyer for it. So she gets to buy them at a cheap price. Then she can call in the monk squad to perform rituals to make sure no apparitions appear and use that also to increase the price to sell it again. Superstition is really too dominate in this country. 

 

 

We had the same problem with a European style house we built and put for rent on our land.

 

My other half's father had died, not in that house, but on the terrace. He never stayed nor slept in the house.

 

Stories by Thais in the village and gossip to any Thais seeking to rent from us, even those who had stopped in the village to ask for directions to our place, saw a few people walk away, no matter how much we reassured them it wasn't true.

 

We have now rented it to a Filipina teacher here, the problem and silly superstitions..... SOLVED!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

They don't want nothing to do with it if someone has died in the house, I have known of a few cases down here in Phuket, one was some years ago and the farang died the house at that time was worth around 14 million obviously it takes time to sell so she borrowed a load of money against the house and never came back eventually the loan company took over the house, I did go and look at the house and it had been stripped of anything worth taking, who did that I don't know, 

No doubt the spirit of the deceased came back and stripped the house.

He wanted it for the after life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

 

 

We had the same problem with a European style house we built and put for rent on our land.

 

My other half's father had died, not in that house, but on the terrace. He never stayed nor slept in the house.

 

Stories by Thais in the village and gossip to any Thais seeking to rent from us, even those who had stopped in the village to ask for directions to our place, saw a few people walk away, no matter how much we reassured them it wasn't true.

 

We have now rented it to a Filipina teacher here, the problem and silly superstitions..... SOLVED!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Really, you do surprise me. Filipinos are every bit as superstitious as Thais. I rented out a house to a Korean family in Manila. The father and family went to Korea, leaving his brother behind. The brother hung himself from the railings on the upper floor hallway. I couldn't rent it out till I had a priest hold a blessing/party inviting any neighbours who may gossip to prospective tenants.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Good plan, what's the likelihood of two deaths in the same condo? Statistics are with her.

 

Actually statistically speaking, now that the first death has already occured the chance of another death is exactly the same as a death in any other condo. 

 

Like rolling a dice. Just because it came up six last time, doesn't mean there is less than a 1 in 6 chance of it happening next time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Older and Wiser said:

Really, you do surprise me. Filipinos are every bit as superstitious as Thais. I rented out a house to a Korean family in Manila. The father and family went to Korea, leaving his brother behind. The brother hung himself from the railings on the upper floor hallway. I couldn't rent it out till I had a priest hold a blessing/party inviting any neighbours who may gossip to prospective tenants.

 

 

This Filipina lady is active, strong-minded and doesn't go in for superstition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grumpy one said:

No doubt the spirit of the deceased came back and stripped the house.

He wanted it for the after life.

 

I thought they were Buddhist, not Ancient Egyptians.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, transam said:

In my opinion too, chap, do you actually live here...?   🤗

Yes... I live here... and have lived in many other countries as well... my comment was to show that Thais are no more superstitious than many other nationalities... not that they were not superstitious.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...