My Gf Has Hiv - An Update

stevenjm

Wow! What a state of mind I was in.

And thanks again to 2 very special TV people for helping me through this (and still helping). One door closes and another opens - these 2 people are my open door and have saved my life.

In the interest of the saga heres what happened:

Flew back to aus and the next day was contacted by special person 1 and informed that my wife and drug dealing scumbag were trying to sell house for ridiculous price and that special person 1's friends had managed (after an assault attempt on them) to block the sale.

A couple of days later another sale was attempted and once again special person one and friends blocked sale with copy of land lease. Wife and scumbag had already managed to secure deposit before sale was blocked at agreed price of 17,000us (not a bad deal for somebody considering it was western style brick rendered home with swimming pool and had been offered 60,000 us before it was even finished)

Things at this point became ugly. wife bought armed corrupt police and gangsters to next meeting and lives of special person 1's friends were threatened. At this point it was quite obvious whoever acted on my part to collect money would be robbed or maybe even killed after sale had gone through.

Contacted powerful police friend who went out to province armed and managed to come out with 5,000us. After payouts to players ended up with 3700us at aus end. bettet than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick and enough to pay my visa card and enough leftover for my new phsychologist who seems pretty good.

Wife possibly dead by now as had bad tb and pneumonia when I left. Will not call her so I don't have to deal with that and can imagine she got help and is ok

Oh Yeah, was set up on drug charges by scumbag and am to be arrested if I return to Cambodia. Am in negotation with police friend over this last issue though as have one little bit of unfinished business :o

Thanks heaps to everyone here. Without doubt would now be dead or in Cambodian prison without the help I recieved from people here.

Maybe try phillipines next as Australia sucks and feel like fish out of water here.

Good luck mate. A terrible story, but good to see that you have some good friends and also an optimistic outlook on your future. I really hope that it all goes well for you.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's good to read about a safe escape from this scenario for a change. Indeed, the special people here knew what they were doing and went many extra miles for you. You have a second chance on life now - I'm sure you'll make the best of it. One day, you may be able to repay the kindness by helping someone else in deep trouble.

This thread should be required reading for all expats and tourists. Sure, some will say, bah, won't happen to me, but the syndrome visits everyone, albeit in some minor variant. Sort of like a cold. It can go away in 3 days or it can become pneumonia depending upon one's circumstances. This thread is like a vaccine or for those of you boys that like to take a dip in the local pond, a condom.

As embarassing as the OP's admission and statements were, he did a service for others. If he prevents just one other person from this scenario, then at least some good can come of this. BTW, I'm really impressed by the kindness of those that did something to help. That's total class.

This thread should be required reading for all expats and tourists. Sure, some will say, bah, won't happen to me, but the syndrome visits everyone, albeit in some minor variant.

Ironically I was one of those "won't happen to me" people. Can happen to anybody and DOES.

Maybe a new forum could be started labelled HELP- Feedback needed! From feedback I have had and pm's it would fill up pretty quickly and make for some pretty intesting reading for those oblivious to the realities of asia.

Edited by stevenjm