Legendary British DJ Steve Wright dies at 69 :(

Crossy

Shock of Steve Wright's death floors colleagues and friends after they reveal they saw him just days ago and DJ was planning lunch with Ken Bruce to celebrate his MBE.

Colleagues and friends of BBC broadcaster Steve Wright have been left stunned by the DJ's death after revealing they saw him just a few days ago.

The veteran presenter's death was announced this afternoon, prompting an outpouring of emotional tributes from stars including Sara Cox and Zoe Ball.

One BBC star revealed Wright's death was seen as 'very, very sudden' by colleagues, as he was in touch with bosses at the station within just the last few days.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13080059/Steve-Wright-death-Ken-Bruce.html

image.png.bb946a978f5f1c7c2ebb851a9b57a534.png

• Sad 2

This is very sad news indeed.  I studied in London in the early 80's and his voice was always on Radio 1 in the afternoon.  
As I was studying business English at the time (I'm Norwegian), I used the radio a lot and his voice was very relaxing.  I also remember him from Radio Luxemburg, now that must have been a few years before he joined BBC, I think in the late 70's. 

Then I rediscovered him many years later through the BBC iPlayer app and his show Steve Wright in the Afternoon on Radio 2.   

He was the real deal and will be sorely missed by many.  RIP. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 2