Extension of stay for marriage visa renewal...money question

45,000 short of 400,000 yesterday for marrige renewal in Nakhon Sawan. I have a second bank where I make my transfers to from the States and it much more than the monthly requirements. So I took the bank info where I thought I had the 400 and a 6 month printout from the transfer bank. Still denied and they told me I would need a 12 month transfer statement. I thought there was a combination method when renewing an extension of stay.

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

Combination method for marriage extensions ended a good few years back.

I don't think there ever was a combination method for marriage extensions. This is from police order 606 from 2006:

image.png.9e7d23b7a14e1f943e133290baffa10d.png

image.png.2700552eb1115b2d78b50b4256e6bae7.png

11 minutes ago, Sophon said:

I don't think there ever was a combination method for marriage extensions. This is from police order 606 from 2006:

image.png.9e7d23b7a14e1f943e133290baffa10d.png

image.png.2700552eb1115b2d78b50b4256e6bae7.png

Sorry, the combination was between the husband and wife, as stated in the above Para (6)

(not the same as the retirement combination of income and bank deposit)

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, streetlite said:

45,000 short of 400,000 yesterday for marrige renewal in Nakhon Sawan

OP, have you used "60 day extension to visit wife" 

Obtaining that would enable enough time to season the 400k.

Do you have two bank accounts.

If together they cover the shortfall you could use both accounts for money in bank method. 

Failing that you could border bounce and enter visa exempt and subsequent non O and 12 month extension. 

• Agree 2

Here is the current Police Order No. 138/2557 regarding Extensions based on marriage or support of a Thai child.  The link to the Police Order.  Note that they took paragraph (6) out regarding the combined income between foreign husband and Thai wife out.  However, if you are a foreign woman married to a Thai man, then the income threshold drops to 20,000 THB and both husband and wife can combine income. 

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=561475

The easiest way is to have 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank account and leave it there. The interest rate for all bank accounts is low so the 1.25% interest rate of a deposit account doesn't matter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, streetlite said:

45,000 short of 400,000 yesterday for marrige renewal in Nakhon Sawan. I have a second bank where I make my transfers to from the States and it much more than the monthly requirements. So I took the bank info where I thought I had the 400 and a 6 month printout from the transfer bank. Still denied and they told me I would need a 12 month transfer statement. I thought there was a combination method when renewing an extension of stay.

Was the transfer account balance below the 45000baht ?