IMG Global Medical Insurance Plan – your experience?

Y Chang

I am considering the above insurance plan.  It is underwritten and insured by SiriusPoint (a US company), and is administered by IMG (a subsidiary of SiriusPoint).  The plan comes in 4 tiers:  Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.  Everything looks great on paper, from the coverage area to the benefits. 

However, there are very little reviews available online regarding this expat health insurance plan.  Most reviews on IMG are related to their travel insurance products. 

If any Asean Now members are (or had been) insured by this plan, would you kindly share your experience?  In particular, I am interested in the following:

1. Pre-certification:  How long did it take IMG to process the pre-certification?  What was the outcome, did they issue or did they reject?  If reject, what was the reason?

2. Direct-billing:  Assume the treatment was pre-certified, did they pay the medical providers after the treatment as they had promised?  Were they any issues or dispute in terms of the payment amount?

3. Claims/reimbursement:  If you have filed a claim after treatment, how long did it take for IMG to process your claim?  What was the outcome, did they approve and pay, or did they reject?  If they reject, what was the reason?

4. Renewal:  This plan should provide lifetime coverage.  Have you been denied renewal?  If you have, what was the reason?

5. Premium:  What is the percentage increase in annual premium within an age bracket?  And from one age bracket to the next?

If there is anything I have overlooked, please feel free to share as well.  Look forward to hearing your thoughts.  As always, appreciate your time in advance.