Cheapest U.K. SIM card for OTP overseas

It looks as if the various U.K. banks and other companies are increasingly requiring a U.K. phone number for things like OTP and other security measures.

Since I hope to be in the U.K. in a while I would appreciate information on the cheapest company to maintain a prepaid U.K. number. I guess that there will be TopUps required and I have a U.K. bank for that

Any feedback will be welcome.

jerome

I've used Lebara for 4 yrs. While in Thailand you don't need to pay for a monthly plan if you're not making calls/texts. OTPs are free and to keep my sim active I send myself a text once every 3 months (49p), minimum topup is 5GBP. For the minimal cost I think it's smart thinking to keep a home country sim for things like banking OTPs.

Asda PAYG is another option and has cheaper cost vs Giff Gaff for standard calls in the UK without a package. I have not bothered with a package.

To maintain the number you need to make a chargeable event every 180 days - I send myself a text to my Thai number which costs 20p. 

Touch wood I have not had any issues with OTPs and I have been using for I think 10 years.

Giff Gaff gets good press however.

https://mobile.asda.com/help/bundles-and-pricing/standard-tariff

https://www.giffgaff.com/pricing 

Just following up so you know that responses are being read.

Since it’s zero cost to get I have a Giffgaff SIM on the way that I can activate near the time of our trip, all going well.

the Giffgaff bundles seems to be extremely well priced if we are in the U.K. 

That doesn’t mean that I will not follow up on other suggestions