deficiency?

how often are you watering ? is the pot heavy ? maybe let it dry out really good then hit with a plain water see what happens. 

don't let it droop from drying out though. if it was heavy. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stoner said:

how often are you watering ? is the pot heavy ? maybe let it dry out really good then hit with a plain water see what happens. 

don't let it droop from drying out though. if it was heavy. 

i usually water at the stalk every day. not too much. and when the pot feels like its light i give it a fill up.

someone told me it might be a boron deficiency. i spray calmag for a week then i stop a week. 

i had a plant die from similar conditions before and that was why i ordered calmag

frustrating when a plant dies after 8 weeks of doing well

i just ordered boron supplement 10%

Edited by Pouatchee

20 minutes ago, stoner said:

how big is the plant ? how much water daily ? what nutrients are you using ?

i think you are over watering.

get a scale and weigh the plant if you can pick it up. find out the high and low weight. go from there. you want to be using up most of you water before watering again so you should be able to judge it decently that way.

should i transplant them to a new pot with 'drier' dirt? 

i weighed the pots earlier and they were heavy but they seem to dry out fast

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

should i transplant them to a new pot with 'drier' dirt? 

i weighed the pots earlier and they were heavy but they seem to dry out fast

how big is the pot ? give it a few days to dry see how it reacts. 

24 minutes ago, stoner said:

how big is the pot ? give it a few days to dry see how it reacts. 

not sure ... i think 5 gallons.

i took a scoop and scooped dirt around the roots... the dirt is moist/humid... not drenched

i will put the pots in the sun tomorrow...

Observations:

Leaf margins curling upwards: You are likely experiencing environmental issues. My experience tells me abiotic stress is causing your problem, nutritionally. Extreme heat, and humidity (or lack thereof) and light stress (too much direct sunlight for a young plant). That stress will lead you to believe they are overwatered, underwatered, too much nutrients, too little nutrients, etc. 

Yellowing of top, apical leaves: Mass flow of immobile nutrients like calcium will cause lockout of potassium. That is exactly what your problem looks like. This is cause by the environmental stress. Classic!

Change your environmental conditions and you will see the plant correct itself.

Your plant (at this point) is in too large of a container. You should start in a small(er) container until the plant has about 8-10 nodes. Then transplant. Young plants should concentrate on growing tall and not growing tap roots (a huge energy drain)

Adding cal-mag will treat the symptom, not the problem. 

Boron will present with twisted,  new growth (rare). If you are feeding a bottled nutrient A/B mix, find a trace element mix to add, as I’m sure, if you are using a local potting mix, it may be trace element deficient. 

Lastly, when in the proper sized container, always water to runoff to prevent accumulation of nutrients (your next anticipated issue). This is difficult to grasp (or do) when you have a 15cm plant in a 5 gallon pot and you are inclined to just water around the stem.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, SamuiGrower said:

Yellowing of top, apical leaves: Mass flow of immobile nutrients like calcium will cause lockout of potassium. That is exactly what your problem looks like. This is cause by the environmental stress. Classic!

i have moved the plants out from under the light and into the sunlight.

8 hours ago, SamuiGrower said:

Your plant (at this point) is in too large of a container. You should start in a small(er) container until the plant has about 8-10 nodes.

i agree for normal fem photo plants. these are autoflower... i was told to avoid transplanting autos by someone who grows them a lot. he told me to start autos in 5 gallon pot

thanks for the comments will try recommendations gathered here.

7 hours ago, HugoFastor said:

The biggest takeaway I get, when I read these posts about "growing pains", is that I'm so glad I never tried to go down that bumpy road. I just open up my wallet and handover a bit of dosh for my flowers. Painless. 

i can afford the weed. the problem is i cant smoke it. i have advanced copd. but... but... i really enjoy growing the stuff. it is a real enjoyable pass time. hard to understand, maybe, but true. and if i do take a puff... i want to know i grew it and that it is good...

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, wombat said:

blood & bone will fix that and not damage the plant

Aug 20, 2021  Blood meal and bone meal both come from animals; are used as an organic, slow-release fertilizer; and are sold in a form that looks powdery.

heard that... should have some in my agricultural arsenal

thanks

Unfortunately, organic inputs like blood and bone meal need to be broken down and made bioavailable through mineralization through bacteria and fungi. If you have a deficiency they will not help, in enough time to turn around your issue.

Elemental deficiencies are corrected through foliar feeding and root drenches.

Blood meal and bone meal are two completely different inputs. One provides nitrogen and the other phosphorus.

You mentioned you are growing autoflowers. If you are experiencing abiotic stress and nutrient issues, you can count on your plant going into flower immediately producing a single cola (like most of the images on the forum). Autoflowers DO NOT LIKE STRESS.

9 hours ago, SamuiGrower said:

If you are experiencing abiotic stress and nutrient issues, you can count on your plant going into flower immediately producing a single cola (like most of the images on the forum). Autoflowers DO NOT LIKE STRESS.

right now i am growing them for seeds. i give them colloidal silver to get male flowers. i was successful a few months back, but about 3 weeks before the seeds were ready i had a pest infestation and had to harvest the seeds early. only about 5-10% of those seeds have been viable. and each time something has happened when my plants were 'just' getting there. as another pointed out, i could buy my smoke, but i unfortunately can only smoke once or twice a year...lung issues. as i mentioned earlier it is a 'gentelman's hobby' for me now. i did try edibles given to me by a kind member here, but i am a toker... just not the same eating. i have 3 girls flowering now and 2 already have male flowers.

This is a pic of one of my girls. She is starting to transition to transgender... dong know if she will join the lgbtq+1 movement yet. I topped her off at the 5th node. She branched out nicely. Shd is over 30 cm tall... not sure how tall ghey usually get as i havd had nothing but crap luck so far.

20240221_091944.jpg

20240221_091735.jpg

20240221_091725.jpg

20240221_091701.jpg

20240221_091635.jpg

This one is just as a hobby... woulxnt smoke it though. Just love ghe different color flowers i get when a new flower grows. The colors are very vibrant.

20240221_091915.jpg

Edited by Pouatchee

I noticed on the wife's(555) last grow something similar, didn't happen to 2 other auto's

that were started 1 week earlier.

This was the Dino Meat X Gold Ca$h Gold, Photo-Regular that ended up being a Auto Fem.

You can see some of the curvature of the leafs. I thought that it was just the genetics of the

strain.

Smile Seed Bank has a Deficiency  Chart from FB if you want to compare what's up.

They are on Shoppe.

rice555 

33DMxGG121323.thumb.jpg.a3f4692f808f3c0941e2bdfaddcdbf84.jpg

FB def chart.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

i think i might have found the problem. where i live is veryyyyy windy in the day time. i think the issue is wind burn. i googled it and looked at many pictures and it really looks like this might be the culprit. stunted growth, leaves curling etc... 

if i had funds for it, i would install a wind turbine here...