Onana header earns Everton point against Palace

CharlieH

image.png

image.png

Everton manager Sean Dyche wants a "speedier" verdict for "the good of football" on their appeal against a 10-point deduction after they boosted their Premier League survival hopes with a late draw against Crystal Palace.

Dyche spoke out after his side climbed out of the relegation zone with a point secured by Amadou Onana's 84th-minute header.

The result took Everton up to 17th, above Luton on goal difference.

They had 10 points deducted by an independent commission in November for financial rule breaches, but lodged an appeal the following month. No date for the appeal hearing has yet been confirmed.

"I don't know the dates, we're just waiting. For the good of football, I think it needs to be speedier for everyone," Dyche said after the match.

"I don't think anyone wants them dragged out, whatever it's going to be, let's get on with it. It's not in my hands, though. Who knows [when we'll find out]."

Onan's headed equaliser came after Jordan Ayew had scored for Palace, who announced earlier on Monday that Roy Hodgson has stepped down as manager.

Former Eintracht Frankfurt boss Oliver Glasner has replaced Hodgson, 76, who was taken ill during training on Thursday but is now out of hospital.

Ghana forward Ayew thumped a superb strike into the far corner past home goalkeeper Jordan Pickford and looked to have sealed three points for Palace before Onana's late intervention.

READ MORE

sPORT-bbc.png