Personal Recommendations for Therapists in Bangkok

garet

I'm looking for recommendations for general therapists/counselors in Bangkok.

If you have personal recommendations of a particular therapist you would recommend, please reply with his/her name, organisation/location and contact info.

I'm not looking for rehab therapist, just a professional to talk to about general issues.

I know there is a list of psychotherapy clinics in Bangkok from 2008 (updated in 2009) but I'm looking for more recent personal recommendations.

Edited by garet

The list you refer to   https://aseannow.com/topic/90910-mental-health-resource-list/

was last updated in 2018 not 2008 and is current as far as I know.

Therapist recommendations are very subjective, as the chemistry between therapist and client is quite individual. It really needs some trial and error...and consider also whether you would be most comfortable with a man or woman, and also what nationality(s).

Ben Weinstein at PSI has been well recommended by many but as above, may or may not suit you.

Of the Bangkok resources  listed in the link, PSI and NCS have been in business in Thailand the longest.

20 hours ago, garet said:

I'm looking for recommendations for general therapists/counselors in Bangkok.

If you have personal recommendations of a particular therapist you would recommend, please reply with his/her name, organisation/location and contact info.

I'm not looking for rehab therapist, just a professional to talk to about general issues.

I know there is a list of psychotherapy clinics in Bangkok from 2008 (updated in 2009) but I'm looking for more recent personal recommendations.

I have been with NCS and am now with PSI Ben Weinstein.  

For someone to talk to and get non-filtered response, Ben is good.  

Ben is located near Phrom Pang BTS.  He will do zoom or in person.

On 2/21/2024 at 3:53 PM, kingstonkid said:

I have been with NCS and am now with PSI Ben Weinstein.  

For someone to talk to and get non-filtered response, Ben is good.  

Ben is located near Phrom Pang BTS.  He will do zoom or in person.

Who did you meet with at NCS? I know David Ogden is a native speaker that works with them as well as some Thais educated overseas.

2 hours ago, garet said:

Who did you meet with at NCS? I know David Ogden is a native speaker that works with them as well as some Thais educated overseas.

The person that I was with left the country because of Brexit. That was the reason that I switched.  I also worked a bit with the owner and her husband.