60 day extension to visit wife

I went for a 60 days to visit wife extension today at Trat Immigration. They require a list including a,map of where we live and a,series of photographs- our room, bed, the kitchen, the dog doing its business in the yard. I know different offices have different rules but found it amusing as we  could just leave for another province tomorrow, file a new tm30 and be completely within the law. 

• Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I know different offices have different rules but found it amusing as we  could just leave for another province tomorrow, file a new tm30 and be completely within the law

Do not understand your point. 

The same point would apply to any extension.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Do not understand your point. 

The same point would apply to any extension.

For the 60 day extension they do not normally ask for the map or photos, maybe that is his point?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

For the 60 day extension they do not normally ask for the map or photos, maybe that is his point?

He specifically mentioned being able to change residence by filing new TM30.

That applies to any extension. 

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He specifically mentioned being able to change residence by filing new TM30.

That applies to any extension. 

Very true, but that was not the point of his post, his post was all about the map and photos  🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, sandyf said:

Indeed, but context is not a strong point for many.

I am sorry you have trouble understanding the context. It seems quite obvious. I am trying to politely say the office are dumb. It is the same extension where parents visit children. If you visit your child does immigration want pictures of the kid's bedroom, your ex-wife's saucepan, her bedroom complete with new boyfriend? I intend leaving the province in a few weeks so in reality  they can have as many photos as they like. I do not think the 60 day extension is the same as  non o married to a Thai as @DrJack54 posted. I am pretty sure the non-o wife visa requires 90 day reporting and if you changed provinces I assume  the new office would take you through the whole process again - new photos of your home, your bedroom, kitchen etc. It would not just require a tm30 report.  In my case I will change provinces for a little then head to the airport and as long as my new hotel registers a tm30 there is no problem. I have used this same  extension  before at another office with no requirements.  

10 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I am sorry you have trouble understanding the context. It seems quite obvious. I am trying to politely say the office are dumb. It is the same extension where parents visit children. If you visit your child does immigration want pictures of the kid's bedroom, your ex-wife's saucepan, her bedroom complete with new boyfriend? I intend leaving the province in a few weeks so in reality  they can have as many photos as they like. I do not think the 60 day extension is the same as  non o married to a Thai as @DrJack54 posted. I am pretty sure the non-o wife visa requires 90 day reporting and if you changed provinces I assume  the new office would take you through the whole process again - new photos of your home, your bedroom, kitchen etc. It would not just require a tm30 report.  In my case I will change provinces for a little then head to the airport and as long as my new hotel registers a tm30 there is no problem. I have used this same  extension  before at another office with no requirements.  

I don't have any problem with context, you have gone in the wrong direction and apologise if the implication of what I said wasn't clear.

Your post was split up and only one part addressed rather than the context of the whole post. A common practice on the forum by some.

I knew what you were trying to say in the OP, I am in the neighbouring province which has 3 immigration offices, 2 are used by expats and operate quite differently.

12 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Is it really any hardship to supply a map and a few photos as requested.

You could have completed that task in less time than you've spent posting your complaint.

I don't really think it was a complaint. I was just highlighting the crazy rules they are following at Laem Ngop.  Personally I find it an invasion of my privacy and there is another office a bit further along towards Cambodia which I would use if I needed again. I thought the point of having a forum is to exchange information, even if you want to go through the posts and pass judgements on the importance of what others write. I think it is a good warning to others that if they use the Laem Ngop office they will need to do this and would be better off going to Klong Yai. 

14 hours ago, sandyf said:

I don't have any problem with context, you have gone in the wrong direction and apologise if the implication of what I said wasn't clear.

Your post was split up and only one part addressed rather than the context of the whole post. A common practice on the forum by some.

I knew what you were trying to say in the OP, I am in the neighbouring province which has 3 immigration offices, 2 are used by expats and operate quite differently.

Sorry. You lost me with 'Your post was split up and only one part addressed rather than the context of the whole post' whatever the context of that is?

On 2/20/2024 at 7:33 AM, Wongkitlo said:

I went for a 60 days to visit wife extension today at Trat Immigration. They require a list including a,map of where we live and a,series of photographs- our room, bed, the kitchen, the dog doing its business in the yard. I know different offices have different rules but found it amusing as we  could just leave for another province tomorrow, file a new tm30 and be completely within the law. 

tax return soon