Visa Privileges. For some.

13 hours ago, swissie said:

Nothing is so hard as mens ingratitude.

Fascinating echo here of King Lear lamenting his daughter Cordelia who does not flatter him with false devotion (as do his two other daughters, Goneril and Regan):

"How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is
To have a thankless child!"

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, swissie said:

Shouldn't those pale faced "pioneers" get some "easy visa privileges", instead of some other "nuveau riche" foreighn devils, that 20 years ago they didn't even know where or what Thailland is?

Don't need us any more - have something better (Chinese, Russians and Indians).

12 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

It's reciprocal. Thai tourists can go to China and Russia without a visa. (For China, it's due to start March 1st, but Thailand implemented it faster.) If you want visa-free access to Thailand, start pressuring your own government to give Thais visa-free access to your country. 

Thais can also go to the Ukraine and get a 3 month visa, so why is it not reciprocal for Ukrainians coming to Thailand?

55 minutes ago, blazes said:

Clearly you have not observed the easy entrance to America at the southern border. 

Biden has let in, during his three disastrous years, up to 10 million illegals who have just walked into the country with (as the years ahead will show, I believe) disastrous consequences. 

I suspect not a single one of those 10 million has needed a visa!

If similar visa-free access is your goal, Thailand already offers it to you: a quick swim over the Mekong guarantees you free and unlimited entry to the whole country. Checks by border police are minimal, so chances are very high that you would get in unhindered, checks in-country are also happeing seldomly, so you could make a living here for years or decades.

I am sure, similarly easy access can be gained from the Burma side.

My guess, you will notice quickly that the life of an illegal immigrant is not quite as rosy as you seem to assume 🙃

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

I come from America where the visa process is very hard.

I am in no position to throw stones at Thailand, where I basically just had to fill out a form to live here.

Yessir, I read aout it daily...just don't need a visa. join the invasion from the south.  enter illegally, immigration courts so backed up that if you go in today, they won't

be able to hear your asylum plea until 2030 and in the meantime, you can work, travel wherever you want, no 90-day reports or anythiing like that.  Get sent to one of the dem-controlled cities and they will house you free, give medial care free, food, educate your kids in whatever language they speak.  Here, I just wish they would return to the TM.28 vs the TM.30 - at least we could then report our own moves without having to convince a landlord to do it and if they don't who pays the fine? not the Thai but the farang.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, blazes said:

Clearly you have not observed the easy entrance to America at the southern border. 

Biden has let in, during his three disastrous years, up to 10 million illegals who have just walked into the country with (as the years ahead will show, I believe) disastrous consequences. 

I suspect not a single one of those 10 million has needed a visa!

Ditto the UK with the Channel rabble.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

If you want visa-free access to Thailand, start pressuring your own government to give Thais visa-free access to your country.

Thais wishing to enter the US without a visa need only enter at Eagle Pass park, TX. 
Bob's your uncle.  :thumbsup:

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

It's reciprocal. Thai tourists can go to China and Russia without a visa. (For China, it's due to start March 1st, but Thailand implemented it faster.) If you want visa-free access to Thailand, start pressuring your own government to give Thais visa-free access to your country. 

How many Thais are on holiday in Moskow do you think right now?  When every month or so someone like you says what you said it completely baffles me. How can you NOT understand what would happen if all Thais could easily with no visa go to USA, AUS, Switzerland GB , Luxembourg etc etc? 

9 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

I come from America where the visa process is very hard.

I am in no position to throw stones at Thailand, where I basically just had to fill out a form to live here.

And many Thais can fill out the paperwork for USA and get a 10 YEAR multiple entry visa which is even EASIER to renew for another 10 years!!!! Absolutely NOT possible here in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

How many Thais are on holiday in Moskow do you think right now?  When every month or so someone like you says what you said it completely baffles me. How can you NOT understand what would happen if all Thais could easily with no visa go to USA, AUS, Switzerland GB , Luxembourg etc etc? 

I couldn't care less who does or doesn't get visa-free access anywhere. Country X can put whatever restrictions they want on visas, but if they do, citizens from Country X can't pout and whine about how unfair it is when they have similar restrictions imposed on them. If that baffles you, I'm sorry, but I don't think I can explain it in any simpler terms. 

• Like 1

Two main reasons:

1. Russia and China is the new boss in town and they've extremely smart diplomacy.

2. Farangs are getting poorer and Thailand doesn't want tourists, she wants tourists with money.

15 hours ago, jesimps said:

Ditto the UK with the Channel rabble.

YOu are correct, they have no visas so are illegal immigrants that can get housing, food, education to an including college, work if want to without permit, no reports on where they are living or whatever doing until their asylum hearing probably many years away as Trump cut the number of judges that do these hearings.  BTW over the past year, over 60K Chinese also joined the illegals invasion from the south, many of them military-aged men and no controls on what they do or where they go until their hearings...since they just cam in this past year, reportedly will not be heard until 2030!