Training resorts

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Magic carpet ride George, dont sweat the reality! 

I'm prepared to meet up ,

I don't care your age as long as your not older than me we can do a charity fight match 

Mind you the old Judo guy Brian ( can't remember his last name )I think is hitting 80 and still be a force to reckon with ,keeps himself fit 

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Best put in some OT George, 

https://www.thailandnomads.com/muay-thai-pattaya/

Thankyou for that link.

Very interesting to read the former farang owner of the Kombat gym died in the Bangkok boxing ring , it seems he went back for just one more fight after retiring years ago...very sad 

Edited by georgegeorgia

36 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I don't care your age as long as your not older than me we can do a charity fight match 

Mind you the old Judo guy Brian ( can't remember his last name )I think is hitting 80 and still be a force to reckon with ,keeps himself fit 

I wont be back George! 😂

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I'm thinking this year when I visit MAybe June July   for my 8 week stay to stay in a martial arts boxjng training resort

I have been looking at this KOMBAT training  place not sure if they have rooms nearby , 

What about RAGE fight school do they have rooms on site?

Does the Brian guy still teach judo at his resort ,I guess he is getting on now though and it's too far out ,forget the name of his resort,I think you can live there permanently very cheap if I'm not wrong 

Any martial arts muay Thai resorts in Pattaya ? 

Phuket seems to be FULL of these types of places 

Does anyone here still train Western boxing in your senior years ?

Any guys here still do martial arts in your 60's 70's?

Have you done this before? Not that interesting. Probably bad for joints doing too much kicking.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Is it Brian Jacks you are referring to? Represented UK in Judo at the Olympics. He's 77 now. I know he owns a resort near Pattaya but not sure where.

An absolute legend on the TV program 'Superstars'. Did a phenomenal number of 'dips' on the parallel bars and squat thrusts.

There are a few videos on Youtube which will no doubt give his location.

Edited by Keeps
misspelt
  • Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have to book into a martial arts type resort if you want the crap kicked out of you, if you ever make it to Pattaya just be a real life persona of your online id.

I agree. All he has to do is head to Soi 6/1 every night and short change a ladyboy. He will get all the fight practice he needs.

7 hours ago, kinyara said:

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have to book into a martial arts type resort if you want the crap kicked out of you, if you ever make it to Pattaya just be a real life persona of your online id.

Thankyou for pretending not to know me Kinyara but us guys call you "veiny" in Soi Bukhao

, I hope you took the advice of us  guys in Soi Bukhao and got that red vein nose treatment 🐽😂

Edited by georgegeorgia

If you're coming to Pattaya for fighting just wander around beach rd and walking street with your best gold chains on. There'll be a gang of ladyboys every few 100 meters to fight with. Wear your Gee so you can claim it was all just for sport. :wai:

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

If you're coming to Pattaya for fighting just wander around beach rd and walking street with your best gold chains on. There'll be a gang of ladyboys every few 100 meters to fight with. Wear your Gee so you can claim it was all just for sport. :wai:

Seems a lot of homophobia about ladyboys , why stereotyping?

I have never ever had a problem with ladyboys 

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

for the first million sessions, it's just punch and kick.

Jet Gym offers the Kombat class daily with a membership.

Absolutely! 

I find this with most fighting schools except of course BJJ , punch ,kick ,elbow sometimes you begin to think it's all the same 

When i see all these wannabe farang thai boxers running about the streets early morning in their little thai boxer shorts and vests i just think they look like bell ends.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Seems a lot of homophobia about ladyboys , why stereotyping?

I have never ever had a problem with ladyboys 

Oh, now I understand your message? Thought you were talking about another topic. 

It is not homophobic to make a joke about ladyboys. You might call it transphobic but even then it’s debatable given that this particular group in Pattaya are known to be troublesome. My first time in Pattaya I had arrived from Europe and was jet lagged, wide awake at 3am. So I went out for a walk along the road side (as opposed to beach side) of Beach Road, in North Pattaya. I was stone cold sober. I heard a bike behind me and next thing I knew a lady boy tried to mug me, thinking I was a drunk farang. Her accomplice drove the getaway bike. She hightailed it once it dawned on her that I was fully aware. 

So their reputation precedes them. I’ve encountered very pleasant ones working in stores and cafes, but of all Thais they are the ones I’m most wary of. That wariness comes from my own experience, and the widely reported experience of others. If posters single them out it is normally for reasons unrelated to sexuality. Gay Thais are rarely commented on because like every other ordinary Thai they don’t bother anyone. 

• Thumbs Up 1