Police Dismantle Intl. Drug Network in Bangkok's Nana area

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Furthermore, a Swiss tourist died from cocaine overdose.

This could be alarming.

Hopefully, they will do a thorough chemical analysis on the drugs seized and with an autopsy.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db474.htm#section_1

Might be a good idea for public health officials to get ahead of the curve and stock up on Naxalone. (Narcan).

Edited by bamnutsak

Starts off sounding very impressive. 100 suspects and a week long operation.

Looks like a serious move by law enforcement to rid us of the long-standing drug gangs in that area.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

This operation, initiated last week, led to the arrest of six West African nationals, confiscating 1.45 grams of cocaine.

Oh I see, nah, it’s just the usual dog and pony show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, realfunster said:

Starts off sounding very impressive. 100 suspects and a week long operation.

Looks like a serious move by law enforcement to rid us of the long-standing drug gangs in that area.

Oh I see, nah, it’s just the usual dog and pony show. 

Just foreigners arrested. Foreigners cannot do the jobs reserved for Thais!!!!😏😏😏😏😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This 'business' has been going on for many years and has received huge publicity, and they are only now taking action? At the same time, did they arrest the dozens of African prostitutes lining the street, as that is an illegal occupation usually reserved only for Thais.

Reacting to complaints? 

The RTP must be the only people within a five mile radius who don't know about these drug dealers......but I guess many of them do and are not happy that this action has been taken.

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Oh my god, the brilliant detective work involved here! I guess African men standing along the street asking, "want drugs?" might have been the first clue? Luckily it only took 25 years to pierce the veil of this well-hidden enterprise.

I'm surprised they dont have their own priority lane at the airport channeling them directly to jail.

• Haha 1