Throat doc sought

Hi, for a few weeks I've had a cough, for a few weeks before that I've often found liquids "going down the wrong hole", now I'm losing my voice. 

I think seeing a doctor is worth it, can anyone recommend a throat person or place to go to.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that Sheryl,  I have seen the good doctor and also Dr Napadom.

I am told the next step will be an MRI scan and then a biopsy. Costing 20,00 for the scan and 100,000 for the biopsy.

Not being familiar with such things these prices dont sound excessive to me. But he offered to give me an introductory letter for a government hospital if I wished.

The CT Scan, is that the one where you are in a tube and the top end finishes vary close to your head.? If that's it I had one years ago and was not keen.

8 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

The CT Scan, is that the one where you are in a tube and the top end finishes vary close to your head.? If that's it I had one years ago and was not keen.

You may be remembering an MRI. CT also involves being in a sort of tubular device but a bit larger and without the metallic noises.

Anyway cannot be avoided as it sounds like you have a mass. 

The scan cost doesn’t seem excessive to me. Bangkok Hospital at Khorat slugged me 30,000 after quoting 15,000. They tried to justify the doubling of cost, stating that the doctor requested a head-to-hip scan (which was what I had done). The consultation after the scan attempted to extend to matters unrelated to the throat issue - Zenkers Diverticulum. The consultant admitted he had no experience in treating this condition but would order necessary surgical equipment and operate if I chose to return - I didn’t. I was aware of, and managing, the other conditions identified in the scan. The experience has reduced my assessment of Bangkok Hospital.

I am still looking for the right doctor. I would appreciate any recommendations, ideally in the Northeast. 

On 4/21/2024 at 7:35 PM, Sheryl said:

You may be remembering an MRI. CT also involves being in a sort of tubular device but a bit larger and without the metallic noises.

Anyway cannot be avoided as it sounds like you have a mass. 

My thoughts too. Soon find out anyway.

6 hours ago, Phuyai said:

The scan cost doesn’t seem excessive to me. Bangkok Hospital at Khorat slugged me 30,000 after quoting 15,000. They tried to justify the doubling of cost, stating that the doctor requested a head-to-hip scan (which was what I had done). The consultation after the scan attempted to extend to matters unrelated to the throat issue - Zenkers Diverticulum. The consultant admitted he had no experience in treating this condition but would order necessary surgical equipment and operate if I chose to return - I didn’t. I was aware of, and managing, the other conditions identified in the scan. The experience has reduced my assessment of Bangkok Hospital.

I am still looking for the right doctor. I would appreciate any recommendations, ideally in the Northeast. 

Please clarify what your throat issue is exactly.