Thailand’s Longest Beachside Kite Festival Takes Flight in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — The Pattaya International Kite on the Beach 2024, touted as Thailand’s longest beachside international kite festival spanning over 1 kilometer, has kicked off on Pattaya Beach today with a dazzling display of vibrant kites and unique designs.

Featuring participants from various countries, notable kites include the Tabrix, a blue dragon-shaped kite from Germany, the Wyverex, a green dragon-themed kite, and the Sea Dragon, all showcasing advanced craftsmanship and considered among the world’s most valuable dragon kites.

A highlight of this year’s festival is the unique beach-themed kites crafted by experienced Australian designers, marking their first-ever display in Thailand. Additionally, the event boasts the participation of the renowned French Kite Whale Team, adding an international flavor to the festival.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: Central Pattaya

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Thumbs Up 1

Why did I read this as 'Thailand's longest beachside knifefight'? 😁

Pattaya has ruined me. 

Thais in my moo baan have been complaining about people flying their kites as they make a sort of low whistling noise. When I first heard it I thought it was someone learning scales on a musical instrument! 

On 2/23/2024 at 12:37 PM, Andyfez said:

Doesn't the Thai expression Chukwow mean 'to fly a kite'?

Yep. Lots of kite flying on the beach for the next few days. Hope people don't get the wrong idea of which kite to fly.

10 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Yep. Lots of kite flying on the beach for the next few days. Hope people don't get the wrong idea of which kite to fly.

Or Russian couples taking it to the next step!