Forum upgrade in progress! ×

NT Fiber and streaming TV problems?

Hamus Yaigh

Anyone using NT Fiber (formerly TOT) and noticed live streamed TV channels not getting through since Saturday? Tried it on more than one device with/without VPN to no avail. Something going on? May have to set up a new internet provider and test that?

Do what the providers always tell you .. pull the plug on the router

leave off for 5 mins ..plug back in see if that works , I also have

NT Fiber and its working OK , only problem I get is squirrels 

chewing the wires along the road.

regards Worgeordie

Streaming is working fine for us.

Except that England seem to be determined to lose the cricket to India, again.

I did notice that DNS at 1.1.1.1 be being blocked for a while, not sure why but changing to 8.8.8.8 fixed those problems.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I did notice that DNS at 1.1.1.1 be being blocked for a while, not sure why but changing to 8.8.8.8 fixed those problems.

OK thanks all.. rebooted rooter and tried different DNS's .... still something not right since Saturday. It works but buffering like heck from multiple TV sources for certain channels and other channels OK... will persevere...

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 6:10 PM, Hamus Yaigh said:

It works but buffering like heck from multiple TV sources for certain channels and other channels OK..

May help if you name the channels you are interested in/have trouble with.

I regularly watch NHK world direct from Japan  NASA tv from US and Red Bull tv from god knows where with my NT fibre each of them has good and bad days and worst day none are watchable, there are just to many variables in the streaming chain to know where the fault actually lies.

That's why I have an extensive collection of TV shows and Movies on my NAS server + a satellite dish and regular old school tv antenna 😋

Have NT the second year now and the performance is permanently declining, especial after they came to my House. They have changed even the Router to the newest one, good for nothing. Unfortunately there is no other provider for now where I am living.

On 2/25/2024 at 5:01 PM, Crossy said:

Streaming is working fine for us.

Except that England seem to be determined to lose the cricket to India, again.

I  minimize my Google exposure wherever possible see my DNS settings below.

Screenshot_20240303_085650.jpg

Edited by norbra

• 1 month later...

Same problem with 3BB. rang them this morning and they told me there is a problem with a cable in Europe somewhere.

They told me it could take up to 3 weeks to fix, and if I wanted to stream to use a VPN with Singapore, I asked would they pay for it, he laughed and said no.

He did say he would ask if i could get a refund. I downloaded  Mullvad VPN costs about 200 Baht per month, can only pay monthly.

Works well, also works for BBCiPlayer etc.

• Agree 1

NT Fiber ,not working very well last few days ,did speed test Chiang Mai - BKK

speed up to what I should be getting , out the country a different matter ,downloading

from UK about 14 Kbs ,cannot watch Iplayer  will phone them this morning ...

regards Worgeordie

23 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

use a VPN with Singapore

Yes, seemed to help me also. I tried VPNs in Singapore, UK, Aus and they are make it easier to watch IPTV whereas before I needed no VPN. Still happening now, but less so, guess the repairs are in progress.