TikTok posters - Shockingly bad information about Thailand

21 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

So right on par with most AN members  :coffee1:

DICLAIMER:  NOT an attempt to troll, just an observation IMHO  Proof of non-trolling will be, no reply of mine to any reply made to this post.  

Best post of the day, beat me to it, thank you. 😁

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Thanks 2

Mostly boring harmless dross- 7/11 sandwiches, Icon Siam, feeding soi dogs argh look at his little face, markets and street food muck. The more adventurous get as far as Lumpini and Chatuchak market. The problem with them is they continue with the- I packed my job in got a one way ticket and moved to Thailand at age 22, implying anyone can do it.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Sluglord said:

The funny thing is that they'll all be kicked out or just abandon of their new *home* and the country they love so much within 12-36 months guaranteed.

You're not posting your perception and opinion as fact are you ?????...   

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, proton said:

Mostly boring harmless dross- 7/11 sandwiches, Icon Siam, feeding soi dogs argh look at his little face, markets and street food muck. The more adventurous get as far as Lumpini and Chatuchak market. The problem with them is they continue with the- I packed my job in got a one way ticket and moved to Thailand at age 22, implying anyone can do it.

I agree entirely.

They are stumbling around Sukhumvit saying they *live* in Thailand. No idea what it's going to take for them to actually live here when shlt gets real.

Mundane food choices... none eat Thai food unless it's not technically Thai, but we know this about farang anyway. Oh! There is Khao Soi though...

When I was there ages I wasn't even in Thailand as the adventure had long been sucked out of the country, but Cambodia, Myanmar, Lao and Vietnam just opened and I spent years there as well as bfe Indian subcontinent and Indonesia. The most amusing thing is how accomplished they often think they are. What a flex an extended holiday is... when in reality it's nothing.

7 hours ago, Sluglord said:

When I was there ages I wasn't even in Thailand

So what are you even doing posting on a Thai forum about a vaguely Thai topic?  

Do you realise these TikTokers are doing it for the money and it can be a lot of money, if they keep posting regular content and build a decent following. 

It annoys me when I see old blokes getting all riled up because younger people have more opportunities to make money.  You might have had to work 40 years in a factory, but that doesn't mean young people have to.   My 17 year old nephew makes a decent income just streaming himself playing video games.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/26/2024 at 8:31 AM, Sluglord said:

Anyone else toyed about with TT? I'd recently downloaded it and was shocked to see so many new arrivals **living** in Thailand and posting their perception and opinion as fact.

The funny thing is that they'll all be kicked out or just abandon of their new *home* and the country they love so much within 12-36 months guaranteed.

The posts are often innane amounting to shi*posting basically as there are so many, much of it. They'll never keep the volume up.

The content is simply stupid tidbits of information they've gleaned while spending a month or two on Sukhumvit or some overly touristed city. They routinely glorify 7 as some sort of gourmet experience.

I'm simply amazed at how much data the app sucks.

The app itself does not suck but as everybody can post videos there this results in a lot of rubbish. And I agree about the comments about the mentioned new experts showing off. But the app is great and useful once you figure out how to correctly use it and let the algorithm show you what you really like. 

There is something for everyone to find, for example cooking recipes, athletes and actors, science, history, entertainment, basically everything. You should register once and mark your fields of interest. Once you start to give likes and follows the algorithm  will bring you lot of similar videos and you will be mostly shown only items you like. And important, if a video sucks, do not watch it through, otherwise the algorithm noted your interest. I even started to date a pretty girl who found my attention (no, I will not give you the link to her videos 😄).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/26/2024 at 3:31 AM, Sluglord said:

Anyone else toyed about with TT? I'd recently downloaded it

That was your first mistake - downloading it. I mean, by now it's common knowledge TikTok is full of useless crap by useless people (no offense to the 0.001% who actually post quality content). It's basically there for people to post anything that can make them money, and other people to brain-numbly ingest it. Complaining about it is kinda like going to Patong and complaining that there are too many foreigners there. It is what it is.

6 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

So what are you even doing posting on a Thai forum about a vaguely Thai topic?  

Do you realise these TikTokers are doing it for the money and it can be a lot of money, if they keep posting regular content and build a decent following. 

It annoys me when I see old blokes getting all riled up because younger people have more opportunities to make money.  You might have had to work 40 years in a factory, but that doesn't mean young people have to.   My 17 year old nephew makes a decent income just streaming himself playing video games.

Prime example of one of these tik tokers posting 'content' and being a pest in the process, this clown went on to get kicked off the plane, no surprise there. People probably should get riled up and these rude arrogant brats.

Edited by proton
  • Agree 2

On 2/26/2024 at 12:15 PM, KhunLA said:

So right on par with most AN members  :coffee1:

DICLAIMER:  NOT an attempt to troll, just an observation IMHO  Proof of non-trolling will be, no reply of mine to any reply made to this post.  

Some people think Sukhumvit, Pattaya and the islands is the real Thailand.

58 minutes ago, proton said:

Prime example of one of these tik tokers posting 'content' and being a pest in the process, this clown went on to get kicked off the plane, no surprise there. People probably should get riled up and these rude arrogant brats.

Yup... I've seen this clown on TikTok before...    He's flooding the side with video's of himself being an absolutely prIck... he thinks hes quite the business man, and perhaps he is, he's potentially making a fair chunk of income from his online videos....    

He seems to be running a Ganga / Kratom Shop bar type thingy in Krabi and seems like quite a character... 

If we read news that something serious happened to this guy, it won't be a surprise... he's a dichotomising character the sort who a lot of people will like and a lot will dislike.... 

There's also something likeable about him on the surface, at the same time.... his reckless comments have highlighted that parts of his personality are vapid and toxic.... 

I think he had a recent online spat with someone who tried to give him some online advice....

Through no related events, very sadly, that guy ended up succumbing to stage 4 cancer very quickly (in his 30's) and past away very recently - this guy in the above video (Tom Birch) posted a video revelling in his death which is the actions of a very sick mind... 

... I wouldn't want to be on a flight with this person...   

TikTokers - many do decent entertaining stuff which fills a few mins when waiting in an airport lounge etc...

But guys like this are just oxygen thieves....   As are those 'First amendments rights videographers attempting to trigger the police and secuirity guards with the drones etc' - I just want to see someone punch their lights out... 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Would it have annoyed you if the p!llo£ from the video posted by Proton disrupted your afternoon, or caused your flight to delay because of his 'tik-toking' attention seeking antics ???

There's a line, and clearly some people are crossing that line... 

Sadly, TikToker is on moniker.... some are excellent and bring decent content, but this is tarnished by those who just want to get views for acting like a complete Deekhead.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tik Tok posters are just desperate nobodies trying to make money.

Basically, bad news sells, good news doesn't. This has been known since Caxton invented the press.

Anyone who believes the posts as gospel is heading for a Darwin award.

12 hours ago, Dolf said:

Some people think Sukhumvit, Pattaya and the islands is the real Thailand.

Agreed. Phuket and apparently Ao Nang, Krabi.

When I was there age I wanted nothing to do with Thailand I was off in Cambodia, Lao and Myanmar... Thailand was just RnR.

There are also a few that just sit in front of the camera and spout superficial nonsense, glittering generalities after researching subject 15 minutes on some random website and then regurgitating the information and spitting it back in an audience.

Edited by Sluglord

11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Tik Tok posters are just desperate nobodies trying to make money.

Basically, bad news sells, good news doesn't. This has been known since Caxton invented the press.

Anyone who believes the posts as gospel is heading for a Darwin award.

I think few tiktokers take it as gospel... Everyone knows what a s*** show that app is.

13 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

That was your first mistake - downloading it. I mean, by now it's common knowledge TikTok is full of useless crap by useless people (no offense to the 0.001% who actually post quality content). It's basically there for people to post anything that can make them money, and other people to brain-numbly ingest it. Complaining about it is kinda like going to Patong and complaining that there are too many foreigners there. It is what it is.

Well, it was my first real experience with it. I think that's a bit harsh.

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Would it have annoyed you if the p!llo£ from the video posted by Proton disrupted your afternoon, or caused your flight to delay because of his 'tik-toking' attention seeking antics ???

There's a line, and clearly some people are crossing that line... 

Sadly, TikToker is on moniker.... some are excellent and bring decent content, but this is tarnished by those who just want to get views for acting like a complete Deekhead.

From my time on TikTok nothing was excellent although one poster named Aster I found funny.

Lots of sexy Thai women and the latest north east Asian beauty standards are jaw dropping.

There's a lot of trash on YouTube to be sure but you can find some quality stuff there. I think TT it's just a huge void of intelligence

All of the Thai language stuff is rubbish as well. It's really quite useless for learning in such a format. The words and phrases might be somewhat important but in the context of no value imo.

It's also hilarious all of the random man online trying to get the attention of the women posters. 🙄