HIFi - Hi end stuff for sale.

wozzlegummich

This ^^^, easy to get to by MRT too.

There's also a place in Zeer Rangsit. It looks like one of those "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it" kind of place, I feel my wallet emptying just looking through the window.

Take the Red Line to Rangsit then jump a taxi to Zeer. Reverse the process to get home.

As far as I know there is also a Thai version of an audio magazine - printed.

I saw them some time ago in Bookazine.

I suggest buy one, even if you can't read Thai.

They will likely have ads from shops and possibly also a private for sale section.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, wozzlegummich said:

I'm retiring to Thailand soon and want to know where is the best place to sniff out some decent second hand QUALITY hi fi components. I'm a big fan of Cerwin Vega speakers and Marantz amps.

Best to either bring your own, or better to have lived here a few months first.

Back in the UK I spent all my time (and spare money) on hifi, here for some reason it just doesn't seem worthwhile.

Having extremely restricted access to women backs most of us in the western 'hobby corner'.

Here we get different hobbies.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Best to either bring your own, or better to have lived here a few months first.

Yeah, most of my gear is vintage (I hate using that word for gear that is only 45 years old or so) Marantz, Cerwin Vega etc but the speakers are very big. Quote so far to get it all to Thailand is ฿60000 - ฿80000 so I was hoping maybe for that money I could buy locally. 

I am no audiophile and like my 70's,80's & 90's rock music loud and with plenty of bass. It is that live sound I enjoy most. Maybe I go and listen to some pro gear.

Edited by wozzlegummich

29 minutes ago, wozzlegummich said:

I'm retiring to Thailand soon and want to know where is the best place to sniff out some decent second hand QUALITY hi fi components. I'm a big fan of Cerwin Vega speakers and Marantz amps.

facebook marketplace. Its where I have sold my kit and bought quite a bit of stuff.  Vintage Marantz is pretty dear tho.