singing lessons.

We have a lukrung16 year old daughter who is signed up to https://www.gmmgrammy.com/th/index.html  How she started was to learn the guitar first privately. Government schools do have music teachers but our daughter had it all mapped out that she wanted to go to boarding school. Whilst there she joined, with a few other musicians, and formed a band in which they participated in talent contests out and about with the assistance of the boarding school. She was later approached by GM Grammy(Bangkok) and they signed her up with our permission. She now lives in Bangkok under the cover of GMM. They teach her singing, music and acting etc. 

All I can say is it took a lot of hard work by herself to get where she is and hopefully the OP's grandson can do the same. Good luck

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

We have a lukrung16 year old daughter who is signed up to https://www.gmmgrammy.com/th/index.html  How she started was to learn the guitar first privately. Government schools do have music teachers but our daughter had it all mapped out that she wanted to go to boarding school. Whilst there she joined, with a few other musicians, and formed a band in which they participated in talent contests out and about with the assistance of the boarding school. She was later approached by GM Grammy(Bangkok) and they signed her up with our permission. She now lives in Bangkok under the cover of GMM. They teach her singing, music and acting etc. 

All I can say is it took a lot of hard work by herself to get where she is and hopefully the OP's grandson can do the same. Good luck

Thankyou, and well done and good luck to your daughter. I wish her well. And you for supporting her.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Thankyou, and well done and good luck to your daughter. I wish her well. And you for supporting her.

Thank you. I hope you can teach your grandson to stick with his music. I'd recommend private tuition one on one. Learning at school has too many distractions in my opinion.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

shouting to music

Isn't that exactly what early Punk was??

Singing is fun and should be enjoyable for those performing and (optionally) those listening :whistling:

I can't sing for toffee (I was in the school choir, mainly because I actually did sing), but myself and a couple of mates did the "band" thing, we even got paid a few times (no, not to stop playing)!

There is (was hopefully, my Korean ex. had it) a karaoke tape of me duetting Wild Thing with the marketing director of Pfizer Korea! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

This is the Grammy Academy right? Nong Guitar also goes there there, but i don't think they can teach her so much. Guitar is very good when singing luktung songs.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Petty Rock learned her music and Englsih at a Sarasas school in Bangkok.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

• 1 month later...

If Nong Guitar is looking to further develop her guitar skills or explore new musical avenues, there are many resources available, including online tutorials, music schools, and private instructors. Whether she wants to refine her technique, learn new styles, or experiment with different musical genres, there are plenty of opportunities for growth and learning in the world of music.