Bitkub and Binance not accepting foreign accounts?

BobBKK

Bitkub drove me crazy for 2 years by not accepting my verification, so I tried Binance Thailand - they, too, do not accept foreign accounts.

Do you have Any idea WHY this changed?  and are there ANY exchanges I can trade on in Thailand?  TYIA

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

I heard yesterday that Bitkub is now accepting the opening of accounts by foreigners. 

I already have an account and have traded for years - now verification is not accepted. Today no different I just checked.

10 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Just traded at Binance. No probs at all. 

I buy and sell crypto into fiat through p2p

Binance THAILAND?  not the same as Binance - how did you open an account they do not accept foreigners in Binance TH only thai nationals with Thai IDs

19 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Somebody in here mentioned Bitazza so I recently created an account. Haven't had the opportunity to use it yet though, so no "trip report".

Worth a look... accepted foreign passport as ID?  Binance TH and Bitkub do not now accept they say it is a BOT rule.

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

Binance THAILAND?  not the same as Binance - how did you open an account they do not accept foreigners in Binance TH only thai nationals with Thai IDs

I see! No, just Binance, not a Binance TH. I opened it (I think) early 2019 back home.

So far there are different exchanges and different purposes. I don't do crypto-futures trades and intraday trades. Rather keeping and building up.

38 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I already have an account and have traded for years - now verification is not accepted. Today no different I just checked.

My bitkub account is barred from buying crypto, and making THB and Crypto deposits. 

So I guess I am holding. :biggrin:

I presume that there is no issue with selling the lot and withdrawing to my specified Thai bank account. 

Edited by JeffersLos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Worth a look... accepted foreign passport as ID?  Binance TH and Bitkub do not now accept they say it is a BOT rule.

Unfortunately they want foreign passport AND one other foreign ID, eg drivers license.

I don't have the latter so it took me a bit of haggling with their KYC team for them to accept a foreign photo card that is issued by the same govt department as drivers licenses.

During the chat they mentioned that I could provide some 'local' ID, eg Thai DL as the 2nd form of ID but I can't recover the chat and can't remember the full details. I can't get a TDL easily so couldn't offer it.

I can't get Yellow House Book or Pink ID card and am retired so could not offer a work permit, therefore I don't know if they'll accept any of those in lieu of secondary foreign ID.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I just took some profit from my Coins account. In my Bkk Bank in minutes.

Whoever put CONFUSED, my post meant that I sold some of my Bitcoin held by Coins, then transferred the THB into my Bkk Bank account. Does that make it less confusing for you. If not, please ask.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Whoever put CONFUSED, my post meant that I sold some of my Bitcoin held by Coins, then transferred the THB into my Bkk Bank account. Does that make it less confusing for you. If not, please ask.

Someone's being silly! Or is plain stupid.

Come on own up, defend your emoji-ing.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

My bitkub account is barred from buying crypto, and making THB and Crypto deposits. 

So I guess I am holding. :biggrin:

I presume that there is no issue with selling the lot and withdrawing to my specified Thai bank account. 

Same here - can sell but not buy or deposit

I don't like BitKub much so happy to find new

29 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I can't get Yellow House Book or Pink ID card

You are legally entitled to one. Go there with the government requirements printed out in Thai and the ombudsman on the phone, and an expression of confused bewilderment and the need for the ombudsman to clearly specify why you can't have one. You'll have it within the week.

Edited by JeffersLos
  • Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 1:15 PM, NativeBob said:

I see! No, just Binance, not a Binance TH. I opened it (I think) early 2019 back home.

So far there are different exchanges and different purposes. I don't do crypto-futures trades and intraday trades. Rather keeping and building up.

Is it Binance.com (international) or Binance.us (if you're USA citizen)?

I used international Binance.com, got verified without problem (passport), but cannot buy (my Thai debit and credit cards keep denying the payment, same as HK cards), same case with Kraken... so my only way was to get my own wallet and run around looking for OTC options.

4 hours ago, sallecc said:

mine is International version. 

I also noticed this issue with Thai cards, but works just fine when I buy crypto throught p2p. In fact I bought some DASH this morning at Binance with USDT I got via p2p in Thailand. Paid at K-Bank online banking. easy-peasy )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 9:25 AM, sallecc said:

I used international Binance.com, got verified without problem (passport), but cannot buy (my Thai debit and credit cards keep denying the payment, same as HK cards), same case with Kraken... so my only way was to get my own wallet and run around looking for OTC options.

Talking THAI Binance? We are in Thailand, right?

On 2/29/2024 at 1:43 PM, BobBKK said:

I don't like BitKub much so happy to find new

I don't like them either, but they do now accept foreinger KYC docs verification again. I tried it and it tokk 2 weeks. I doubt I will use them however, once bitten twice shy and all that.

2 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I don't like them either, but they do now accept foreinger KYC docs verification again. I tried it and it tokk 2 weeks. I doubt I will use them however, once bitten twice shy and all that.

I can also confirm that Bitkub has accepted my KYC documents recently and upgraded me to Level 1. In addition to document upload, Bitkub KYC team also called me in Google Meet to do the verification interview before upgrading me to Level 1.