Retirement Visa Extension

Time to renew - last year I seem to recall I had to sign a form completely in Thai (I think it was about understanding the issues with not complying with the rule - but not sure. I can't seem to find this doc online anyone know where I can find it?

Also just to be sure what documents/forms do you have to supply now when applying (eg do you need the notice of where you are staying form completed etc?)

Thanks

The forms you refer to re "aware of penalties " etc are available at immigration. 

Which immigration office.

TM30 should not be required.

Using Funds in bank or income method

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The forms you refer to re "aware of penalties " etc are available at immigration. 

Which immigration office.

TM30 should not be required.

Using Funds in bank or income method

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

1 So cannot download and pre-sign

2. Korat

3.  Acknowledge

4. Bank Method - been there for years

The downloaded fillable form has a space for TM6 which is no longer issued - is that likely to invalidate the form?

1 hour ago, Negita43 said:

The downloaded fillable form has a space for TM6 which is no longer issued - is that likely to invalidate the form?

Disregard the TM6 field. 

Here is thread where the OP states that at Korat a TM30 is required. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1299733-very-fast-and-easy-retirement-ext-at-korat-today/ 

At CW they are asking for most recent TM47 receipt. 

• Thanks 1

Items 10 & 11 in the previous post. I have attached the forms I use every year for acknowledgement of conditions of permission to stay and acknowledgement of overstay penalties (at Buriram). Sorry about the quality. It's because I used (poor quality) forms I was given by immigration as a starting point to create the pdfs. Item 9 is not required at Buriram, so I don't have that one.

ACKConditions of Permit to Stay.pdf Overstay Penalties.pdf

• Thanks 1

Korat, in a world of its own, has a couple of garbage

forms of it's own making, nether of which are printable

online. One refers to penalties and the other to source

of funds, including your bank details.

20 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Korat, in a world of its own, has a couple of garbage

forms of it's own making, nether of which are printable

online. One refers to penalties and the other to source

of funds, including your bank details.

As far as I'm aware most immigration offices require this.

Including CW.

Which office do you deal with that does not insist on these 3 forms

5 hours ago, TylerBKK said:

Sorry, I made a mistake. “The Acknowledgement of Penalties for A Visa Overstay” is actually just a one page form.

I am attaching all the forms here as both JPG & PDF for the following forms that I listed in my post above:

9 - A single page form that only says "Statement" at the top (provided to you at immigration). 

10 - A single page form entitled "ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PERMIT OF TEMPORARY STAY IN THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND". (provided to you at immigration). 

11 - A form entitled "The Acknowledgement of Penalties for A Visa Overstay" (provided to you at immigration). 

I didn't name the attached files, I just numbered them. They are all A4 sized files, which are good quality and can be printed very easily by any printer or print shop.

There is also a 4th form that is 2 pages which I had forgotten about and is just a document that you have to sign to acknowledge. Nothing to fill in. It is the terms of qualification for a retirement visa. You just sign on the dotted lines at the bottom of the second page.

What I would suggest doing with all of the forms is filling them all out once, but without signing them. Then make multiple photo copies of each of the filled in forms. Then, in the future, you can just sign the photo copies of the forms with blue ink, but without having to fill out the forms again every year.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.pdf 2.63 MB · 3 downloads 2.pdf 2.01 MB · 3 downloads 3.pdf 1.2 MB · 3 downloads 4.pdf 1.47 MB · 3 downloads

Thank you for uploading those. They look like really sharp 300 DPI files. So they should print out very well. 

• Like 1

Obtained my last retirement extension, based on permanent 800k bank deposit in my name only, at CW in December. I presented, with copies, my SCB bank book, updated the previous day, my bank confirmation letter, also dated the previous day (ie not the day of application), and my passport, plus the additional forms regarding penalties etc. now required by Immigration. As with all my previous applications no other details/forms were requested. I was in at 0830, given appointment no.16, and out by 0930, with no hassle.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 7:24 PM, TylerBKK said:

I realize you are applying in Korat, but here are the document requirements at CW in case there is some overlap which may be useful:

1 - Form TM.7 Completed and Signed - 2 Pages - Front & Back

2 - One recent 4X6CM Photo Of Yourself – Attach to back side of form TM.7

3 - A letter from your bank certifying your current account balance. Letter to be issued and dated the same date as the day when applying for the extension of stay. 

4 – Update passbook at the bank on the same day as applying for the extension of stay and create a photocopy of the updated account balance to give to Immigration. Also, photocopy the front page of passbook showing your name and account number and any photocopy all pages in between containing any deposits and withdrawals for the past 12 months.

5 – A certified (signed and stamped) bank statement issued by the bank for the 12 month period starting from the date that the last 1 year extension was applied for until present date.

6 – Photocopy of the first page of the passport and photocopies of all passport pages containing visas stamps and passport entry and exit stamps pertaining to the current visa.

7 - Copy of the current receipt from immigration for form TM.47 (90 day notification of residence address in Thailand).

8 – Hand drawn map showing directions to your residence.

9 - A single page form that only says "Statement" at the top (provided to you at immigration). 

10 - A single page form entitled "ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PERMIT OF TEMPORARY STAY IN THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND". (provided to you at immigration). 

11 - A two page form entitled "The Acknowledgement of Penalties for A Visa Overstay" (provided to you at immigration). 

12 - Copy of House Registration (if you have one). 

13 – Copy of Pink Government ID Card (if you have one). 

*All of the above photocopied documents you submit need to also have your hand written signature somewhere on the photocopy (preferably in blue ink). 

I didn't submit a hand drawn map; I searched my address in Google maps, printed out a page with that pin centred and hand drew a line to it, entering the address on the margin. I labelled the nearest main road and major khlong, too. I also printed out a map on a larger scale showing more of Bangkok with the same pin in. CW were perfectly happy with that. 

I signed all the documents I submitted, and the additional personal guarantee and acknowledgement of terms & conditions forms they give you, in front of the officer. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Drumbuie said:

I didn't submit a hand drawn map; I searched my address in Google maps, printed out a page with that pin centred and hand drew a line to it, entering the address on the margin. I labelled the nearest main road and major khlong, too. I also printed out a map on a larger scale showing more of Bangkok with the same pin in. CW were perfectly happy with that. 

That's good news that it worked. Some people have posted reports of submitting a map printed from Google maps and were asked to still hand draw a new map anyway. So it seems people's experience on this can vary. But one can always draw a hand written map in 2 minutes if they don't accept a printed one. So not a big issue. 

Edited by TylerBKK

4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Obtained my last retirement extension, based on permanent 800k bank deposit in my name only, at CW in December. I presented, with copies, my SCB bank book, updated the previous day, my bank confirmation letter, also dated the previous day (ie not the day of application), and my passport, plus the additional forms regarding penalties etc. now required by Immigration. As with all my previous applications no other details/forms were requested. I was in at 0830, given appointment no.16, and out by 0930, with no hassle.

What is a "permanent 800K bank deposit"? You mean the bank will never allow you to withdraw the money? Is it a long term fixed deposit of 5 years?

I have never heard of them accepting a passbook updated the previous day. That's unusual. Did you also submit a 12 month bank statement?

On 3/2/2024 at 9:30 PM, Negita43 said:

Here are original PDFs of those forms from the Thai immigration forms website, https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=3202

The acknowledgement of terms is called STM - 2, the acknowledgement of penalties does not appear to have a form number. That link looks like it has all necessary forms in original PDF form. Good luck everyone. It's not as hard as it looks, worst that can happen is you might have to come back the next day.

Screen Shot 2024-03-04 at 10.15.39 PM.png

30.Form- Acknowledgement-of-Overstay-Penalties.pdf 29.Form-STM2 Terms and conditions for temporary stay.pdf

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TylerBKK said:

What is a "permanent 800K bank deposit"? You mean the bank will never allow you to withdraw the money? Is it a long term fixed deposit of 5 years

No....he was referring to a FD account. 

The funds can be withdrawn at any time the penalty being loss of interest. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Here are original PDFs of those forms from the Thai immigration forms

Don't understand this thread .

Some folk going to in depth chit-chat re fillable forms etc.

My experience since this was required  at CW the io pushed them in front of me. I signed and did nothing more.

Talk about a storm in a T cup

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't understand this thread .

Some folk going to in depth chit-chat re fillable forms etc.

My experience since this was required  at CW the io pushed them in front of me. I signed and did nothing more.

Talk about a storm in a T cup

TBH, I would rather fill them out in advance if I can rather than having the IO wait for me to do them at her desk. It isn't a big deal as you said, but anything to make the process a bit smoother and faster isn't a bad thing in my opinion. I've always done the same as everyone else and filled them out on the spot. But going forward I will plan to have them prepared in advance, thus one less thing to deal with on the day. 

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, TylerBKK said:

TBH, I would rather fill them out in advance if I can rather than having the IO wait for me to do them at her desk. It isn't a big deal as you said, but anything to make the process a bit smoother and faster isn't a bad thing in my opinion. I've always done the same as everyone else and filled them out on the spot. But going forward I will plan to have them prepared in advance, thus one less thing to deal with on the day. 

Did the renewal today all forms pre-filled and pre-signed - got to the bank at 8:30 first in queue - got to Immigration 9:30 second in the queue. BUT what you can't plan for - their internet down! (Korat) eventually got out about 11:30 otherwise smooth and painless.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Negita43 said:

Did the renewal today all forms pre-filled and pre-signed - got to the bank at 8:30 first in queue - got to Immigration 9:30 second in the queue. BUT what you can't plan for - their internet down! (Korat) eventually got out about 11:30 otherwise smooth and painless.

Excellent news. Glad to hear it went so smoothly. Now you have another year to relax and not worry about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1