MG Key options

Does anyone have any alternative options for how I can get a key programmed and cut for my MG3 in Bangkok? We have been to a number of MG dealers in Bangkok and they are overpriced, and the key comes uncut, so we then have to pay for that to be done too.

TIA.

My MG6 uses an electronic key-fob. There is a plastic door key inside the transmitter as well. You could copy that easily enough but it does not start the car.

I have both of mine but what are they asking for a replacement?

14 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

My MG6 uses an electronic key-fob. There is a plastic door key inside the transmitter as well. You could copy that easily enough but it does not start the car.

I have both of mine but what are they asking for a replacement?

around 6k

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, swbaggies said:

around 6k

Wow! So you can get a whole smart phone for 1k but a key-fob is 6k? Not exactly a god value is it? The circuitry in the fob is nothing, I would be surprised if they cost 200 baht, including the case.

2 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Wow! So you can get a whole smart phone for 1k but a key-fob is 6k? Not exactly a god value is it? The circuitry in the fob is nothing, I would be surprised if they cost 200 baht, including the case.

Includes programming it to the car and cutting it but yes

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/2/2024 at 4:29 PM, cjinchiangrai said:

Yes, but unlike the key, the phone will not start the car. 

I bought three kg of mango today for 100 baht, but they won't start the car either.