is the way of 400k sent to Thailand of any matter?

Forgive me, must have been asked before.

we will soon move to Thailand, where i will apply for non o based on marriage.

with the account in my name, i got to send the money there.

my wife uses a wise acoount already. I could get one, too, but actually we have no need of another wise account.

if i use the wise account of my wife (sending the money from my account in germany to her wise acc.)  and from there to my bank acc. in Thailand,

may the IO have a problem like: "that is not your money", "not coming from you"

or does it just not matter at all?

thanks in advance

WISE account? 

You reguster few basic details and away you go. 

Best to use WISE to transfer to your own Thai bank account. 

Make sure that you while in home country you discuss with your bank things such as daily transfer limits. 

Obviously you require online banking for your home country bank 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

WISE account? 

You reguster few basic details and away you go. 

Best to use WISE to transfer to your own Thai bank account. 

Make sure that you while in home country you discuss with your bank things such as daily transfer limits. 

Obviously you require online banking for your home country bank 

Is it better terms from wise to bank, or bank to bank? 

Look into doing a Swift Wire Transfer from your home bank to your Thai bank. It goes direct, is always coded correctly showing origin bank and acct and receiving bank and account. It goes direct bank to bank with no internal domestic transfers as some wise transfers are. The cost is a bit more but headaches are minimized. 

Do you know how to get the proper documentation if the WISE transfer is not coded as an international transfer?  SWIFT transfer will have the correct coding. 

With larger transfers, the WISE fees increase bigly.  Maybe calculate the cost of both methods to see which is a better deal.  Consider transfer fees, correspondent bank fees, and exchange rates.

Yes, we use WISE. The question is: does it matter if the Wise account is in my wife's name, when the 400k are transfered to my bank account in Thailand for immigration/visa purpose?

1 minute ago, Sparkling said:

Yes, we use WISE. The question is: does it matter if the Wise account is in my wife's name, when the 400k are transfered to my bank account in Thailand for immigration/visa purpose?

Is this about the proposed change to tax rules.

In any event do the transfer from you bank account in home country to WISE and then onto your Thai bank account in your name

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

WISE imo best .

I checked 2 years ago, and believe up to 60k baht transfer wise was better compared to my bank to BKK bank, but from 100k and up, bank to bank was responsible cheaper. Currency differences included 

16 minutes ago, BKKKevin said:

If using Wise select the purpose as “Fulfill Visa Requirements“

I don't recall that option.

The last option states something like "living expenses for long stay" 

Screenshot_20240302_205337_Wise.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I checked 2 years ago, and believe up to 60k baht transfer wise was better compared to my bank to BKK bank, but from 100k and up, bank to bank was responsible cheaper. Currency differences included 

You can easily do comparison test.

I have when buying real-estate. 

Your experience is different to mine.

In any event been discussed many times in banking finance forum 

Hi, my only worries are: Is it a problem if the WISE account is the name if my wife?

Thanks for the note about the selected purpose. Probably would have seen that, but good to know in adavnce what to look for.

2 minutes ago, Sparkling said:

my only worries are: Is it a problem if the WISE account is the name if my wife?

You keep referring WISE ACCOUNT. 

There is no reason to use Wise in your wife's name.

Suggest you transfer the funds from your account (in ho.e country)  to WISE who then transfer to your bank account.  

All online takes minutes.

10 minutes ago, Sparkling said:

Hi, my only worries are: Is it a problem if the WISE account is the name if my wife?

Thanks for the note about the selected purpose. Probably would have seen that, but good to know in adavnce what to look for.

If you're concerned, just open a WISE account in your name.

I don't believe immigration is concerned about who sent the money, only that it came from overseas.  The bank letter you provide won't detail who sent it.  It only confirms it was an international transfer deposited into your account.

Just now, NoDisplayName said:

I don't believe immigration is concerned about who sent the money, only that it came from overseas.  The bank letter you provide won't detail who sent it.  It only confirms it was an international transfer deposited into your account.

I don't think that is the case with the 400K for a marriage extension, it can come from anywhere..😋

2 hours ago, Sparkling said:

please forgive the suprficial writing

should read: the account is in the name of my wife (only the one from WISE)

i know the transaction itself ist a simple act.

2 hours ago, transam said:

I don't think that is the case with the 400K for a marriage extension, it can come from anywhere..😋

thank you - yes i think so , too, but better be careful

8 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Incorrect, for a marriage Non-O the money does not have to come from overseas

To actually answer the OP's question, as long as the 400k is in your account on the day you apply for the Non-O, it does not matter a jot where it came from.

9 hours ago, Sparkling said:

For Immigration purposes, the 400k must be in an account in your name, not in your wife's name and not in a joint account.

10 hours ago, Sparkling said:

Forgive me, must have been asked before.

we will soon move to Thailand, where i will apply for non o based on marriage.

with the account in my name, i got to send the money there.

my wife uses a wise acoount already. I could get one, too, but actually we have no need of another wise account.

if i use the wise account of my wife (sending the money from my account in germany to her wise acc.)  and from there to my bank acc. in Thailand,

may the IO have a problem like: "that is not your money", "not coming from you"

or does it just not matter at all?

thanks in advance

Don't think it would matter for moving 400k thb, (will you be waiting till after 6th July to stay non tax resident this calendar year..)

I think if you move regular monthly amounts, could anticipate lots of niggling little complications.

(Not sure what IOs may think, nor where they recieve their financial training :sleep:)