Soundbar / TV advice

Kenny202

Need a bit more oomph on our Samsung TV sound (recent model). I'm no am audiophile and its only a small room so don't want to pay much. Anyone can reccomend anything? I can't understand how u can get any sort of bass out of those tiny little speakers. Seen various things on Lazada ranging from 300-8000 baht. Any help appreciated

I would go to the Samsung website, find your TV and look at the sound bars that are suggested for it. I'd want something that will act as a slave to the TV that I would not have to mess with separately. 

I think Samsung has bars from 2-50K

• Like 1

A budget is always helpful when asking for advice otherwise you will get recommendations from 500 to 50 000 Baht.

Here's a recent thread on speakers.

FWIW, I have a Samsung TV and got a 6000 Baht Samsung soundbar, which has really improved the sound.

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

A budget is always helpful when asking for advice otherwise you will get recommendations from 500 to 50 000 Baht.

Here's a recent thread on speakers.

FWIW, I have a Samsung TV and got a 6000 Baht Samsung soundbar, which has really improved the sound.

TBH not sure how much longer will be here / need it for so even 6000 more than I want to invest. In my experience in the past with home theater stuff the general run of the mill domestic brand name stuff like Pana / Samsung etc not that great and on par with lesser brand stuff about 1/4 of the price. If I was going to invest 6000 I would probably go a bit further and get something really decent / long term. These sound bars seem ok but I doubt any of them even expensive ones are going to be blow your socks off Hifi wise without sub and having tiny little speakers. A cheap soundbar for now with ARC / HDMI control that I can control with my existing TV remote should be good enough, I don't really want to use two different remotes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

TBH not sure how much longer will be here / need it for so even 6000 more than I want to invest. In my experience in the past with home theater stuff the general run of the mill domestic brand name stuff like Pana / Samsung etc not that great and on par with lesser brand stuff about 1/4 of the price. If I was going to invest 6000 I would probably go a bit further and get something really decent / long term. These sound bars seem ok but I doubt any of them even expensive ones are going to be blow your socks off Hifi wise without sub and having tiny little speakers. A cheap soundbar for now with ARC / HDMI control that I can control with my existing TV remote should be good enough, I don't really want to use two different remotes.

Depends what you really want it for.

I just wanted mine to improve dialogue, which it does.

If you want it for sound effects, you're right, a 6000 Baht sound bar won't "blow your socks off".

You can pick up a Samsung soundbar like this for 2560 Baht which will definitely improve the sound and  enable you to use one remote.

SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR HW-C400/XT TITAN BLACK (SMART REMOTE) | Lazada.co.th

Edited by Will27

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i3552012215-s13267606621.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&tradePath=omItm&tradeOrderId=832074385946760&tradeOrderLineId=832074386046760&spm=spm%3Da2o42.order_details.item_title.1

I ended up getting this one, got another 400 baht off with there promotion. Not expecting hi fi but should be decent enough for me with the sub. I have a Samsung TV also so hoping it integrates using one remote. Would you use it bluetooth or better with an optical cable? Doesn't look like it has a HDMI connection. My experience Bluetooth pretty unreliable

• Like 1